Silver laced Wyndotts SOP

Covingtonjt

In the Brooder
Jan 3, 2018
Amherst, VA
I have been looking around for SLW and found someone selling hatching eggs. Of course they are a lot of money but might be worth it if I am unable to locate any chicks. Anyway, the females in the group photo look to have a lot of white on them. I am no where close to the knowledge I want to have but wanted to share to see what folks thought of the birds.

Attachments

• received_1630595723685792.jpeg
    received_1630595723685792.jpeg
    275.1 KB · Views: 75
Never buy eggs for breeding or showing unless it is from a reputable breeder and even then its risky because you aren't guranteed a hatch, and you don't know what the offspring will look like. Reputable breeders will rarely if ever sell eggs to the public. Good breeders will sell juvenile birds in the late summer and fall. With juveniles you usually know what you are getting

Than
Never buy eggs for breeding or showing unless it is from a reputable breeder and even then its risky because you aren't guranteed a hatch, and you don't know what the offspring will look like. Reputable breeders will rarely if ever sell eggs to the public. Good breeders will sell juvenile birds in the late summer and fall. With juveniles you usually know what you are getting
Thank you for the response!

I am really new to chickens also and I got two Wyandotte roos that were to be hens but they crow so I don't think they are hens, but they are good looking birds. Those hens have the white legs on them are they laying eggs or do you know. My barred rocks had yellow legs but when they started laying I noticed the legs turned more white than yellow.

I am really new to chickens also and I got two Wyandotte roos that were to be hens but they crow so I don't think they are hens, but they are good looking birds. Those hens have the white legs on them are they laying eggs or do you know. My barred rocks had yellow legs but when they started laying I noticed the legs turned more white than yellow.
I'm sure they are laying but those are someone else's birds. Birds do lose some of their color as they lay though, mine did the same thing.

I think those are stunning birds (much better than hatchery) but I would recommend Brinkhaven Acres because I got some from them and they are beautiful. I dont think it's true though that good breeders wouldn't sell hatching eggs. Everyone is different and it's personal choice.

I think those are stunning birds (much better than hatchery) but I would recommend Brinkhaven Acres because I got some from them and they are beautiful. I dont think it's true though that good breeders wouldn't sell hatching eggs. Everyone is different and it's personal choice.
Thank you so much, I'll look into them for sure!

Back
Top Bottom