Silver Lakenvelder Male or female

Here my SL hen is at around 5 weeks old, on 4/26/09, notice the lack of much comb.

10133_img_6071.jpg

And here she is with my roo on 5/29/09, which made her a little over 2 months old. Even then she didn't have much of a comb.

10133_img_6190.jpg

I still have my sweet hen, her name is Tiny. The roo, Teeny, turned out to be quite an aggressive little thing and beat up on my full grown Silver Laced Wyandotte roo!! So, he went to live with my uncle and some game hens.

Hopefully yours is a pullet who is just well endowed in the comb department.
lol.png

Hi! I would like anyone's opinions on if I've got boys or girls here! Silver Lakenvelders, quite wild and obnoxious creatures. Not sure I like these two older ones honestly. I have one other I hatched that is a week old and very personable, pretty sure she's a she. Love her...she's fun and I'd say a girl fromthe way she is feathering. I've never had these before. Hope to never have them again. LOL Do they improve with age I hope? They're unpleasant so far, except for the baby, named Pipsqueak. Very sweet and always hops up in my hand. The older two that I also hatched act like I"m a monster and have from day 1!! The older ones are 9 wks old....what do i have, boys or girls?

Attachments

• laken 9 wks 5.jpg
    laken 9 wks 5.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 18
  • laken 9 wks.jpg
    laken 9 wks.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 18
  • lakenvelders 1 9 2ks.jpg
    lakenvelders 1 9 2ks.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 17
  • laken 6.PNG
    laken 6.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
  • laken 7.PNG
    laken 7.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
  • pipsqueak 1.jpg
    pipsqueak 1.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 18
  • pip 2.jpg
    pip 2.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 15
  • pip 3.jpg
    pip 3.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 18
Hi! I would like anyone's opinions on if I've got boys or girls here! Silver Lakenvelders, quite wild and obnoxious creatures. Not sure I like these two older ones honestly. I have one other I hatched that is a week old and very personable, pretty sure she's a she. Love her...she's fun and I'd say a girl fromthe way she is feathering. I've never had these before. Hope to never have them again. LOL Do they improve with age I hope? They're unpleasant so far, except for the baby, named Pipsqueak. Very sweet and always hops up in my hand. The older two that I also hatched act like I"m a monster and have from day 1!! The older ones are 9 wks old....what do i have, boys or girls?
The last post in this thread was from 2014. Best to start your own thread in the 'What Breed Or Gender Is This?' forum of BYC, you will get more awnsers that way.

As for your 9 week old birds pictured, they are all pullets. Your other birds are too young to tell gender, post updated pictures in 5-6 weeks in a new thread.

Lots of regular, gentle handling with treats afterwards will help your birds to trust you, and therefore become less skittish. Be careful to not startle them with your movements and do not chase after them when you need to catch them. Best to 'herd' instead.

Hope this helps, best wishes for you and your flock.

Back
Top Bottom