Silver Leghorn White Leghorn Cross??

Chickin Out

Songster
6 Years
Apr 19, 2015
I have a weird question and I'm sorry if the answer is obvious...I am new to chicken breeding but not to chicken raising.

What would I get if I bred a White Leghorn hen with a Silver Leghorn rooster? And vice versa, a Silver Leghorn hen with a White Leghorn Rooster?

Would I get some chicks that were White Leghorns and some chicks that were Silver Leghorns? Or would I get a strange combination of both that was a Leghorn but a mutt in terms of color?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Well I’m hatching those right now lol 6 years later.
The roo could be a jersey giant too but we shall see what pops out.
2 came out black with white chest so far

Silver leghorn roo and white leghorn hen. My chicks are white with some black spots.
I will probably breed back to the same roo and see what happens.

I have a weird question and I'm sorry if the answer is obvious...I am new to chicken breeding but not to chicken raising.

What would I get if I bred a White Leghorn hen with a Silver Leghorn rooster? And vice versa, a Silver Leghorn hen with a White Leghorn Rooster?

Would I get some chicks that were White Leghorns and some chicks that were Silver Leghorns? Or would I get a strange combination of both that was a Leghorn but a mutt in terms of color?

Thanks.
I have a silver leghorn Roo I breed with white leghorn hens. The chicks are white with some black spots.

Back
Top Bottom