Silver Linings The Best of the Bad In Life.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by justbugged, Dec 14, 2009.

1. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    Silver Linings are the good things about the bad things or events that happen every day to all of us. We can find a bit of happiness no matter how awful things might be.
    (Like having cancer, but still being alive.) This is a twisted way of finding a bit of happiness, and away to be grateful each day no matter what.

OK I am starting:

The best part about having everything being frozen outside is (here comes the silver lining) that when you step on the dog poop in the yard it doesn't stick to your shoes. [​IMG] It almost makes up for having to carry water to the chickens multiple times a day.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  2. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

lol... I was just thinking the same thing when I was cleaning the duck house this morning. I'd forgotten to put on my muck boots. Not a single bit of duck poop stuck to my shoes... it was all a bunch of frozen waste [​IMG]

3. Amethyste

Amethyste For Love of Boo...

The nice thing about it below freezing here, is that even tho I have to take out their water a few times a day, the droppings under the roost dont stink cos they freeze [​IMG] And it is so easy to clean frozen...just comes up in one big chunk!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. wildorchid053

wildorchid053 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    syracuse area, ny
    the best part about falling on ice and wrenching my knee is. hubby and son get to cook, clean, laundry,, but i do miss my chickies.. haven't been able to see them in a week.....told hubby to bring one in for me so i can snuggle lol.

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

The best thing about snow is that it covers the chicken poop. Nice photo without having to muck.

6. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

We were devastated when my grandmother passed a few years ago. The silver lining... I became close to my mother for the first time ever.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by