Silver penciled rock bantams have arrived!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Cindy in PA, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Cindy in PA

Cindy in PA Crowing

Jul 8, 2008
    Fleetwood, PA
    Reading PO called yesterday & I picked up the chicks at 4pm. I expected them today at Fleetwood. I ordered 25 Silver penciled Rock bantams from McMurray last week, after the breeder I had ordered from months ago finally told me he couldn't supply them this year. This was after a month of little communication. He sent my check back last weekend, so I got on and ordered before it was too late, couldn't stand not trying bantams this year. They were shipped Saturday & all were great when they got here. I ended up with 26 SPR and 1 free rare breed! I uploaded pictures, but cannot paste here, so any hints would be appreciated. I copy the picture from the upload, but paste is not available when I post???? The free chick is real light yellow & had black ticking on when he came. This morning it is more like black strips & blotches. he is smaller than the rest. Anyway so far so good. I can only keep 8-10 of these, so I hope I get a few hens out of the bunch.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think this worked. Little yellow guy is pictured in both.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  2. cackle

cackle Songster

Jul 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    What cute little fuzzy butts. Thanks for sharing. And I am glad that you finally got the chicks you wanted.

3. sloallie10

sloallie10 Songster

Nov 8, 2008
    CA
    Cute! and CUTE!! love the little rare chick! will you keep "it"?

4. Cindy in PA

Cindy in PA Crowing

Jul 8, 2008
    Fleetwood, PA
    I don't know if I will keep "it" or not. He sure is cute, more of a "dotted" stripe then blotchy like he looks. I hope I can figure out what he is! I am worried about getting rid of the roosters. Dh says we will process the little guys, but I hope I can find homes for them when the time comes. I hope I get at least 4-8 hens and then will keep one or two roosters. Time will tell. So far all still doing well. I have to go put clean towels in & they will surely freak out. I am using wood pellets underneath. I had ordered grow-gel & didn't understand they would mix & put it in the box. There was nothing left but a green stain when they arrived. They are finally sleeping now. They didn't wind down from 4 -12 midnight when I went to bed last night & were busy touring around at 6 am this morning. DH is still not done with the coop/tractor (lead weight) and I have to hustle his butt. With this weather I hope to get them out in 3-4 weeks with a light on. They will outgrow the dog kennel fast.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: