Silver Penciled Rocks ... which pattern is correct?

shaw613

Songster
Oct 27, 2019
Northeast Colorado
I have two distinct types of Silver Penciled Rocks. The first (right photo) have a much more defined penciling and their legs are more of the 'dusky yellow'. Much more black and white. The most recent group have a much more soft penciling, yellow legs, which I know is correct and a beautiful tail. I know which I prefer to look at as they are absolutely beautiful birds and 'silver'; I assume this is correct, but when I look at photos online, there are far more of those with stronger penciling? Do I cross the two lines, or do I keep them separate? One of my favorite breeds and I'd like to have a few to sell locally in the spring. Thanks all.

Attachments

• 402A4679.JPG
    402A4679.JPG
    350.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 402A3007.JPG
    402A3007.JPG
    384.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
I have two distinct types of Silver Penciled Rocks. The first (right photo) have a much more defined penciling and their legs are more of the 'dusky yellow'. Much more black and white. The most recent group have a much more soft penciling, yellow legs, which I know is correct and a beautiful tail. I know which I prefer to look at as they are absolutely beautiful birds and 'silver'; I assume this is correct, but when I look at photos online, there are far more of those with stronger penciling? Do I cross the two lines, or do I keep them separate? One of my favorite breeds and I'd like to have a few to sell locally in the spring. Thanks all.
@Rhodebar Lover

Back
Top Bottom