1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Silver Penciled Rocks

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by schipperkemom, Jan 19, 2014.

1. schipperkemom

schipperkemom Out Of The Brooder

Jan 17, 2014
    Hi, does anyone out there raise Silver Penciled Rocks? This breed is new to us, I am wondering how old the pullets are before they grow in the plumage which will indicate their true quality? Our oldest pullets are about 8 months old now, their marking pattern is not as distinct as their moms. I am wondering if the original trio just doesn't produce up to their quality, or if, like so many breeds, they just take a year or two to fully mature?[​IMG]
    This is a photo of our original birds at about 1 1/2 years old.[​IMG]

And a current shot of our original male at the Hollister, CA show 2014. [​IMG]

2. wood&feathers

wood&feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2009
    E. KY
    I would love to see someof these birds. Their feathers are sooo lovely

3. schipperkemom

schipperkemom Out Of The Brooder

Jan 17, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Here is a close up of the feathering on one of the pullets. It should be a little stronger over the saddle as you can see it fades out a little on this gal, but the wing coverts are good. They are really beautiful birds I think!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by