Silver Penciled Wyandotte standard chickens

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Twin Willows, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Twin Willows

Twin Willows Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2010
    I would like to find out where there are growers and breeders of Silver Penciled Wyandottes. I currently have Gold Laced and Silver Laced Wyandottes and would like to get some standard Silver Penciled since they originated in this area. We currently have Polled Hereford cattle, Wyandotte and other varieties of poultry, make Maple Syrup and sell hay and eggs on our farm. Thanks in advance for anyone with Silver Penciled standard Wyandottes and replies to this thread.

2. Duramaxgirl

Duramaxgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2010
    Idaho
    Pauls poultry has them I think... and there sooooo pretty!

3. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
  4. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Pauls Poultry, Duane Urch, and McMurray Hatchery are the only three places I know of that has them. I have a friend that has a few from Pauls Poultry ( I think she still has them ) And she may be able to send you some eggs sometime when they start laying if you cant find any.

I ordered some Partridge and Silver Penciled from Duane Urch and from the day they were sent, I think it took 5 days for them to get to me and very few were viable and none of them hatched. But that was the only dealings I have had and the shipping may be better for someone else and they may work out better.

5. Twin Willows

Twin Willows Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2010
    Yes, I saw that Paul's Poultry has the Silver Penciled Wyandottes as well as McMurray. I was interested in finding individuals who raise them and talking with them

6. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    I am pretty sure that Paul's Poultry is raising heritage wyandottes. You could try contacting them to discuss your questions.

7. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    Quote:Eggzactly - user name - on here sold me some hatching eggs that were silver penciled wyandottes

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by