silver pheasant eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by free_ranger, Aug 25, 2010.

1. free_ranger

free_ranger Out Of The Brooder

Aug 25, 2010
    near Monaca, PA
    Hello, I feel like I've missed the hatching season by wasting all my summer waiting for peafowl eggs to hatch, and they didn't. 11 eggs from 3 different ebay sellers. No pip, zip or chicks from the first 2 batches, and this 3rd looks like it'll be the same when I candle them. And I have a beautiful Brinsea incubator so it can't all be my fault; plus I have a separate hatcher. Does anyone still have fertile silver pheasant eggs that I can put in my incubator this late in the season? Or swinhoe eggs? I've avidly followed BYC for many years (it's saved or prolonged many of my hens' and pheasants' lives- thanks, guys), but I never registered... until just now.

2. Yvonne37894

Yvonne37894 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2009
    Live Oak, FL
    [​IMG]
    to BYC

I have Silver Pheasants, however they are on strike. [​IMG]
    If they start laying again I will let you know.

3. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    The pheasant laying season is over.You may find some ringneck eggs around.
    In N.H.,Tony.

4. free_ranger

free_ranger Out Of The Brooder

Aug 25, 2010
    near Monaca, PA
    Thanks Yvonne and Tony in NH,
    I knew I'd get a quick response from BYCers- the most supportive and helpful group I've ever come across. I'm glad I finally joined. Yvonne that's great of you, I appreciate it.

5. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Try Don Hungsinger in Montrose,Pa.He has great bloodlines.Or Bill Lloyd in Marion Center,Pa.They both should have young birds available.If they don't.I'm sure they will point you in the right direction.Tell them both I said hi.
    In N.H.,Tony.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by