Silver Phoenix PEEP's - need some help

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by remadl700, Jul 27, 2010.

1. remadl700

remadl700 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2009
    oregon
    This guy showed up at our place and from the messages is a Silver Phoenix. Is there any experts on this breed out there? So I can pummel you with questions.

[​IMG]

2. Chevis

Chevis Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    Brunot
    I have a 2 different kinds of Phoenix, for bout a year. I did a lil research, but ur welcome to ask me any thing, I will try to help.[​IMG]

3. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Post some of your questions and we may be able to help, I know a little about longtail fowl.

4. remadl700

Nov 18, 2009
    oregon
    I am new to the site and have already been scolded for PMing incorrectly and posting so ...... Should I continue to post here or create new post for each question?

5. remadl700

Nov 18, 2009
    oregon
    as far as guineas are concerned I would like to raise them for meat purposes like we due with the chickens. The wife has some concerns with the noise they may continually make. The roosters are bad enough for her. Do you think this is an issue. We have five acres and free range the chickens and would do the same with the guineas.

To give a little background on me I was raised on a farm and have hunted all my life. The only thing we didn't raise back then was chickens. I don't know why but the parents didn't. We had goats, rabbits, pigs and cows. We have 3 kids from 12yrs -11 months and were getting back into the farm life again.

6. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    I dont know how you could PM incorrectly unless you were maybe PM ing adminstration with randow questions. Look in the Forum FAQs for some questions you may have.

If you have several questions on the same topic you can post them on the same thread, this thread as stated in your subject line is about phoenix, so you should talk about phoenix in this thread.

For your guinea question you should post in the guinea section for the best responces.

If you want to share your personal info and background you should make a personal BYC page, click on MY Page at the top in the blue bar. And you can make your own page with info in it. If you want to can click under my name were it says View My BYC Page and see what I put in mine.

If you find certain people who seem to have a considerable amount of knowlegde on a particular breed/subject, you can PM them with questions and most everybody would be happy to answer.

But like I said, the rest of this thread should be about phoenix since that is what you started it as, here is the Phoenix thread that I started a while back, it would probaly be more appropriate for you to post your pics and phoenix questions there since this thread in bookmarked in a sticky for easy access and more people may leard from your questions. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=273550&p=1 There are some knowledgable people in this thread who you can PM with questions too if you wish, but you may get more responces just posting there.

Welcome to BYC and good luck.

7. remadl700

Nov 18, 2009
    oregon
    Thanks for the info

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by