Silver Phoenix - Show Quaility?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by RWaibel78, Oct 30, 2011.

1. RWaibel78

RWaibel78 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 30, 2011
    Just wanted to see what everyone thought about him.. are we doing everything right? He is 8 months old his name is cleatus!! ... and our son wants to show him... thoughts?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    probably need to move this over to our phoenix thread in the chicken genetics/breeds section and get better replies.
    But yes he looks very nice. Good color nice skin, comb and ear lobes. Cant tell if it's just the pose he's in or not but the wing triangle looks a bit broken, should be a uniform white triangle patch with the wings folded, again that may just be the way he's sitting.

Only other thing I see wrong with him is he's a starry breasted silver duckwing (the white speckles) There is absolutely nothing wrong with it, I have some myself and think it looks awesome on them. BUT, in a high end show, he'd get bumped do to that because it's not considered correct for the color. In small 4H or county fair shows, he should still do very well for you.

Be sure to protect his tail and saddles from getting wet or stepped on by other chickens. This will cause them to get dry, mud caked, brittle and ratty looking and in short will cause them to break or just get pulled out if stepped on. Looks like you are doing a great job with that though, just be sure to watch it as they start to drag the ground.

3. Bentley

Bentley Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2011
    Arkansas
    I am new to BYC, but not new to raising and breeding chickens. Where is the Phoenix thread? I raise these birds as well.

4. Bentley

Bentley Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2011
    Arkansas
    I am new to BYC, but not new to raising and breeding chickens. Where is the Phoenix thread? I raise these birds as well.

5. jbourget

jbourget Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    CT
    [​IMG]

6. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    Quote:we have it in the chicken Genetics/breeds/ showing section

Click the STICKY thread at the top of that page, it's linked right there.

7. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
  8. Jchantecler

Jchantecler Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2011
    Beautiful bird! Definitely show him.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by