Silver Pied bred to White??

If the white hen isn't hiding any additional genes the chicks should be 50% pied white eye and 50% white.

Thanks, Pied White Eye would be fun. I have a Cameo hen in with a Silver Pied male but had a hard time keeping up with which eggs came from the female. Finally managed to keep tract of one and it hatched into an India Blue hen, LOL!! I was expecting something exotic, LOL!

This cross often to produce very white pied!More white feathers than normal!

I've wanted some Pied with more white on them so guess I'll change my hens around some. Someone told me I should put one of my White hens with my Green. He's about 90% Java. Anyone know what that would produce?

Never thought this hobby of having peafowl would be so involved.

Thanks.

I've wanted some Pied with more white on them so guess I'll change my hens around some.  Someone told me I should put one of my White hens with my Green.  He's about 90% Java.  Anyone know what that would produce?

Never thought this hobby of having peafowl would be so involved.

Thanks.

A spalding split white.

You could still get any number of colors/patterns from the spalding bird. A true green does not have any of the colors or patterns found on IB's. If you breed a recessive color/pattern to anything but a bird split to the same color/pattern or showing the same color pattern you will get IB looking birds. If you breed an IB to any other color you will get IB's split to whatever the recessive color is.

Ex. White+White=White
White+IB= IB split white
IB split white+IB split white= 75% IB split white, and 25% white

With silver pieds it's trickier because to have a silver pied you need the White gene, the pied gene, and the white eye gene. That means there are more potential combinations for the offspring.

With silver pieds it's trickier because to have a silver pied you need the White gene, the pied gene, and the white eye gene. That means there are more potential combinations for the offspring.
... only one gene white eye is needed ? .... you don't need 2 genes white eyes ?
Silver Pied peacock is bred to a White peahen can produce true Silver pied ?
Only if the White peahen is split white eyes !
If she comes from a cross Silver Pied x Silver Pied.

Back
Top Bottom