silver pieds?

no not regular pieds, they all are white eye. Silver pied do have alot more white than most pieds. Can't have silver pieds without the white eye gene.

The silver pied peahen have silver color on their back..unlike pieds. So think thats were the silver name came in.

Here is are a couple of my india blue pieds (not very loudly pied, but none the less pied) notice how first they have green tails with eyes that are blue, if a peacocks tail has any colored eyes in it, it is not silver pied, although it can have color around the eyes.

61756_p2260018.jpg

61756_p2260003.jpg

Now heres one of my silver pieds. Notice the amount of white on him and how there is are no colored eyes in his tail. And he does have eyes in his tail although they are hard to see in a picture.

61756_getattachmentaspx_2.jpeg

Last edited:
Color, nice looking birds...now little infor for everyone notice the peacock in 2nd pic......he is split to blackshoulder. Look at his shoulder see the small patch of solid feathers (no barring) One way to tell BS splits ,not all show this ,but ones that do are split.

Thanks for letting me know that Deerman. I had know idea, i knew how to tell if they were split white and thats when they have any white flights. He's know free ranging with a BS hen. At the time she was the only hen i had that i didn't need for breeding so i decided to let her go with him but hey looks like its a pretty good matchup since he's split BS. So my brains kinda jumbled right now, what would a blue pied/blackshoulder to a blackshoulder hen produce?
Nick

I bought the silver pied as a silver pied but now looking at the pictures it seems to me that he is spalding silver pied, although low % of spalding just a little bit of yellow tint in his face. Does anybody else see it?

Back
Top Bottom