Silver Seabright Eggs and question!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kellim, Jul 19, 2008.

1. kellim

kellim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2008
    SC, GA Border
    This morning I went outside to feed my our chickens and went over to check out our Silver Seabrights, the Roo who almost died and his hen. Well, to my wonderous surprise there laid TWO eggs! Those were not there yesterday so I guess she was busy laying last night! I am so excited! Can't wait til I can get enough to go in the bator. Also, anyone with any experience with Seabrights, this is my first pair of them, they are over a year old, and she has been laying before, just not for me as we have only had them for almost a month, they are still quarantined as they will stay because we are hoping to sell eggs as well as babies for my son's life skills. My question is are Silver Seabrights good about going broody? Just curious as I was hoping to let her set as well as put a few eggs in the bator just to see how they do. They are SOOO cute! The eggs were like half the size of my BO eggs! I can't wait to see my silkies eggs!!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  2. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    congratulations! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Mycookoonest

Mycookoonest Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2008
    Hudson Valley NY
    Chelsea (Sundownwaterfowl) breeds them. I would changed your subject header to include silver sebrights... that'll catch her attention. I have 3 silver sebright babies that I hatched from her.

4. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    YAY!!! [​IMG]

5. kellim

Jun 19, 2008
    SC, GA Border
    Quote:Can you tell me how to edit the title? I know how to edit a post, but it doesn't seem to let me edit the title.

6. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Can you tell me how to edit the title? I know how to edit a post, but it doesn't seem to let me edit the title.

Click on the first post in your thread and change the title.

I am thrilled for you AND the happy couple.[​IMG]

7. kellim

Jun 19, 2008
    SC, GA Border

Click on the first post in your thread and change the title.

I am thrilled for you AND the happy couple.[​IMG]

Thankyou!!!! [​IMG]

8. lost

lost Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2008
    ,nc
    I bought some eggs from our live stock sale and only had one to hatch. They are so small. I hate I can hatch all my eggs I get from my chicks but if you buy them are order them they don't all hatch [​IMG] I heard they had a pair go for $22 at the sale last week. [​IMG]

9. kellim

Jun 19, 2008
    SC, GA Border
    I bought this pair for $24. I argued with myself for about 45 minutes about it but they were so pretty and healthy, well healthy til I got them home and almost drowned them [​IMG], but they are all better now, but I talked myself into it. Figured I could make my money back on my first hatch if I was lucky! They are so sweet, they remind me of a married couple! They are always together and he is very sweet to her. These are the only chickens that I have ever seen that seem to care about each other [​IMG].

10. lost

lost Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2008
    ,nc
    I only paid a $1 for 12 eggs at the sale. Over half devoloped buy stoped went this week was going to buy more but they didn't have none

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by