Silver Sebright---how old is she?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by KristaChickenWhisperer, Jun 22, 2010.

1. KristaChickenWhisperer

KristaChickenWhisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2008
    Lake Stevens, WA
    I have NO clue how old this sebright is. She's still peeping but fully feathered out. Anyway here is a pic:

[​IMG]

Any help would be great! (The roos she was with had pretty big combs and were starting to get wattles.)

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I'm guessing between six and eight weeks? I have one in my brooder that's six weeks old and looks just like her. My two Sebright roos are 11, maybe 12 weeks old and have combs and wattles. One of them has also started crowing. I keep worrying that the one in the brooder will suddenly sprout the same physical attributes over night, and I won't have ANY Sebright pullets.

3. KristaChickenWhisperer

Sep 1, 2008
    Lake Stevens, WA
    Quote:I was figuring around six weeks too. And I certainly hope she doesn't magically sprout a huge comb and wattles. I purposely wanted a pullet. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  4. cterbizan

cterbizan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Well if it makes you feel better I was able to tell my GL Sebright was a roo by 6 weeks.

5. KristaChickenWhisperer

Sep 1, 2008
    Lake Stevens, WA
    Quote:That brings me comfort. I definitely could tell that she was the pullet out of the bunch. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by