Silver Sebright - One of Julie's

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by urbanhatch, Nov 4, 2010.

1. urbanhatch

urbanhatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2008
    New York
    This Silver Sebright hatched from eggs received by Julie I think is a beauty. At three weeks her feathering appears nice. Any comments appreciated.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    She is a cutie! [​IMG]
    Haha, I've had Sebrights in the past - all my were mean - but they're so pretty - Silvers - [​IMG]

3. iluvmypoultry

iluvmypoultry Out Of The Brooder

Oct 4, 2010
    Aww she's sooo cute! I really want a silver sebright, but I've heard they're mean. Is that true?

4. LuLuBelle

LuLuBelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Richmond, VA
    WE had a Golden Seabright Rooster. We had to give it to some friends out in the country. He was beautiful, but I have heard from our friends that he was very mean!

5. ChickyChickyBaby

ChickyChickyBaby Barefoot Bantams

I have a silver sebright hen & rooster. They were of unknown age when I got them and rather flighty. I put them in a smaller pen so I could interact with them without giving them too much space to get away from me. Took couple of months but now the roo is a big sweetie. Doesn't mind being held at all. He meets me at the door and waits patiently at feeding time. The hen is still a little flighty but loves to eat grass or treats out of your hand. She will peck at fingers looking for a treat [​IMG]
    I have a lot of time to spend with them, too.

ETA: I would say they are like most chickens ... disposition varies from bird to bird [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
  6. sunshine23

sunshine23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2010
    Hialeah, FL
    Beautiful!

7. chipmunkridge

chipmunkridge Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2010
    Lancaster
    I have a silver sebright hen and roo, and a golden sebright roo. The hen is older and very shy. The roos are only aggressive ocasionally.
    [​IMG]

I got her at a poultry show a few years ago strictly as a pet. Her legband is a 99, so I think she is 11!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by