Silver Sebright Standard of Perfection?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by KristaChickenWhisperer, Aug 30, 2010.

1. KristaChickenWhisperer

KristaChickenWhisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2008
    Lake Stevens, WA
    Hi everyone!

I was wondering if someone that has access to a standard of perfection can give me a little info on the standard for silver sebrights?

I have a pullet that I am interested in showing if she meets the criteria. This is my first year raising sebrights so I am kind of clueless! [​IMG]

2. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Where did you get her from? The rooster in my avatar is from Ideal. As you can see, he's definitely not show quality, but beautiful nonetheless [​IMG] If you could post a picture, we could help you out and tell you what faults we see.

3. spoggy

spoggy d'Anver d'Nut

Aug 19, 2008
    Carlisle Township
    Quote:Here's a link to an old Standard (1910) It hasn't changed much over the years, and will give you a good starting point.

4. KristaChickenWhisperer

KristaChickenWhisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2008
    Lake Stevens, WA
    I am not entirely sure where she came from, not from a breeder that's for sure. I have a feeling she *might* be from Privett.

I don't expect her to be show quality. I just want to know if she is at least good enough to take for a fair! I am kind of a hobby poultry exhibitor. [​IMG]

5. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Ah, I see. If you do decide to exhibit her, I wish you luck [​IMG]

6. Anguissette

Anguissette Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2010
    Eastern NC
    Post some pictures! I had to buy one when I got my Orpington girls.....they are so amazingly gorgeous!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by