*!*SILVER SPANGLED HAMBURG ROOSTER*!* Free to good home!Pickup/meet-up

ADozenGirlz

The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png
10 Years
Oct 18, 2009
Connecticut
Simon is an 8 month old Silver Spangled Hamburg cockerel. He is a beautiful, docile, sweet little guy and it breaks my heart to see him go.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=367974

We can't have roosters where we live, so he has to be re-homed and SOON (as the neighbors aren't interested in having their windows open in the spring and hearing him).

I hatched him from mopargal1972's eggs and he was the only SSH roo that hatched. See the thread that documents his little journey from his arrival as an egg here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=367974

Pick-up
or meet-up only. No shipping.

I reserve the right to reject adoption requests if I feel that it is for the wrong reason. He is to be a pet or for breeding only.

Oh I wish I lived closer. They are such a neat breed! Good luck finding a home.

Quote:
Thank you. No luck so far.
sad.png

Oh -- I'd love to take him too -- I've got three spangled girls to match -- but already have 4 roos -- Olaf Americauna , Rupert Silkie , Sergei Orloff , and Horatio Bantam Americauna -- and believe it or not they all get along in that they know who's who - and what's what. I went for years with only 1 roo - and not a very nice one at that -- but then came a rescue - and then a misorder - and then a friends roo who needed a home. So I wanted to let others know - that more than 1 roo - often works out - and the chorus in the morning is just beautiful...
Good luck Simon Spangled !!

Quote:
Granby?! You're in Granby with SSH girls?!!!! You're breaking my heart.
hit.gif
We could WALK to your house from West Suffield!

I know someone who would love to have him, but you'd have to ship- which isn't that big a deal and I could walk you through it.

Let me know if you have no luck.

Quote:
I'm game. He's going to have a much worse fate than shippping if I don't find him a new home. Who is it that would love to have him and what would they do with him?

Back
Top Bottom