1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Silver Spangled Hamburg?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by WesternWynde, Oct 22, 2016.

1. WesternWynde

WesternWynde Just Hatched

Oct 21, 2016
    This is my free rare chick from Murray McMurray. I think it's a Silver Spangled Hamburg, which would be the same free chick I got in my last order. Thoughts?

[​IMG]

This little nugget will be four weeks old in a few days. I know I'm being impatient, but any thoughts on sex? The last SSH was a hen, I'd love it if this one was a roo.

2. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Yep, SSH! Looks like a pullet for now, but maybe you could keep us posted? [​IMG]

~Alex

3. CascadiaRiver

CascadiaRiver Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2014
    Pacific Northwest
    No obvious signs of being a cockerel yet, as far as breed I'm not sure, I've never known any hamburgs :)

4. WesternWynde

WesternWynde Just Hatched

Oct 21, 2016
    Ah darn. I think it is a pullet as well, was hoping though that someone would contradict me. Wishful thinking! :) Thanks all, and I will keep you posted.

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I'm thinking pullet but, don't know the breed. Most people want females, so if yours is one,. maybe you could trade on the breed thread.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by