Silver Spangled Wyandotte

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by conroy, Mar 6, 2009.

1. conroy

conroy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    So as many of you know I am looking for SLW pullets. So I found this lady selling Wyandottes but she has them advertised as Silver Spangled. [​IMG] I asked her if they were purebred and she said yes... Is there a Silver Spangled Wyandotte? If so does anyone have a picture? [​IMG]

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I've never heard of them. Maybe in the UK. I'd bet she's talking about silver laced. I'd ask for pictures and where she got them.

3. Krys109uk

Krys109uk Chillin' With My Peeps

I've never heard of there being any silver spangled wyandottes before & they weren't being shown or talked about in Britain when I was showing. And knowing a lot of the wyandotte people in Britain I'd have expected to have heard of them if they were around.

4. Okla-doodle-doo

Okla-doodle-doo Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Portland,Tn
    Boy can you imagine what that would look like! I'd sure like some ,but I've never heard of them. Wyandotte people get busy we want spangles,We want spangles!

5. Mrs. Turbo

Mrs. Turbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    ky
    Ok I will ask...what the heck is a spangle?

6. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    Like a mottle in reverse [​IMG] It's a black tip on the end of the feathers.

7. Krys109uk

Krys109uk Chillin' With My Peeps

With "silver spangled" Cara's description must be what is meant, as in Hamburgh..... but isn't it curious that a number of different colours get described as "spangled" in various breeds?

8. conroy

conroy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Yes I have heard of SIlver SPangled Hamburgh's. SO I thought maybe they were a cross but she says no they are purebreed. I think I might just pass... maybe she doesn't know for sure what she has.

9. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Ask for pictures or go take a look...they are probably silver laced and the lady is just not knowledgeable about breed names.

To my knowledge there is not a silver spangled wyandotte, not a purebreed anyway.

10. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    To my knowledge, there's no Wyandotte of any color that's spangled, unless it's in the working stages or it's overseas. She probably means Silver Laced. I agree, she's probably one of those people who know they have a "silver something" but don't know or can't remember the correct name. My husband just the other day called mine "Blue Taste Wyandottes"! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by