1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Silver Wyandotte or Austrolop

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Rustys Girls, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Rustys Girls

Rustys Girls Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2015
    Alta Loma Texas
    6 weeks old pullet, any help with the breed?[​IMG]

2. StarMeKritten

StarMeKritten Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2013
    Moore County, NC
    Silver laced wyandotte :)

1 person likes this.
  3. Rustys Girls

Jun 4, 2015
    Alta Loma Texas
    Thank you, It is the only one I have like it, she will definitely be added to the flock.[​IMG]

4. junebuggena

junebuggena Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    Australorps are solid black, have black legs with white/grey foot bottoms, and single combs.
    Silver Laced Wyandottes have rose combs, yellow legs, and are white with black lacing around the edges of the feathers.
    Your bird is a Silver Laced Wyandotte.

5. StarMeKritten

StarMeKritten Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2013
    Moore County, NC
    Excellent! I started off with a variety of breeds but wyandottes became my favorite pretty quickly. They are friendly and easy going. They lay well but occasionally go broody and make excellent mothers. Plus, they're gorgeous. :)

6. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    I agree.

7. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Silver Laced Wyandotte.

8. Rustys Girls

Jun 4, 2015
    Alta Loma Texas
    Thank you all, here is my next question, the 2 white chickens---I have been calling them Delawares. A friend says they are white rocks, and a Brahman looks close also. Plus a picture of Wendy, Spot, and Rose. They are 5 months old. The white Chickens are Dixie and Daisy. rg's[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. junebuggena

junebuggena Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA

1 person likes this.
  10. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    You're welcome. You are correct; you have Delawares. White Rocks are all white and do not have the black feathers of the columbian pattern, Columbian Rocks lack the broken pattern in the black feathers that Delawares have, and Light Brahmas have pea combs and feathered legs. The birds in the second pic down are a Golden Laced Wyandotte and a Barred Rock, the bird in the third pic is a Production Red, and the three birds in the bottom pic are (from foreground to back) a Barred Rock, Delaware, and Golden Laced Wyandotte. All of your birds are pullets.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by