Silver Wyandotte turned out like this

HuckLeberryConnie

Chirping
5 Years
Sep 16, 2017
I purchased this chicken when she was a chick - from a pen marked wyandottes this Spring. Her pen mate is a golden laced Wyandotte. "Pebbles" started out looking like my neighbor's silver laced Wyandotte (purchased at same time) however as she grew, her feathers turned more dark gray and her head feathers turned black. she is beautiful, but her comb is small and straight. I thought maybe she is a blue and black Wyandotte?

Attachments

• IMG_1396.JPG
    IMG_1396.JPG
    632.9 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_1399.JPG
    IMG_1399.JPG
    488.2 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_1400.JPG
    IMG_1400.JPG
    633.3 KB · Views: 94
I purchased this chicken when she was a chick - from a pen marked wyandottes this Spring. Her pen mate is a golden laced Wyandotte. "Pebbles" started out looking like my neighbor's silver laced Wyandotte (purchased at same time) however as she grew, her feathers turned more dark gray and her head feathers turned black. she is beautiful, but her comb is small and straight. I thought maybe she is a blue and black Wyandotte?

She has the right comb for Wyandottes-- it's a small rose comb. But her legs should be yellow or dusky yellow, not dark. So she may be a blue Wyandotte with coloring that's a little off, or she may be a mix with Orpington, Australorp or something else. She's a beautiful bird regardless.

Back
Top Bottom