Similar Bantam Breeds

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Sofarabbit, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Sofarabbit

Sofarabbit Out Of The Brooder

Nov 27, 2013
    Hello all! I currently have two porcelain d'uccles. They are about a year old. During the upcoming year, I was possibly thinking about adding one or two hens to my current flock. I am most likely leaning towards picking up another color variety of D'uccle, but part of me wants to get a different breed. So I am coming to you all with a request. What bantam breeds do you recommend? I'm looking for a breed that is about the same size as my d'uccles. I can go a little bit bigger, but I don't want to go much bigger as I think mine are the perfect size breed for me. So what do you recommend? Which bantam breeds are your favorite? Also bantam cochin owners, what is the size comparison between one of these birds and one of mine? I've always enjoyed the way Cochins look. Thanks for your time!

PS: Pictures are always a plus. :)

2. Twistedfeather

Twistedfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    Oregon
    Cochin's would be a good choice as well as Bearded Belgium D' Anvers, Dutch Bantams, Silkies, Booted Bantams which would actually be a good research project to see who likes what and those who raise each breed have to say about them.

3. Sofarabbit

Sofarabbit Out Of The Brooder

Nov 27, 2013
    Thank you twisted feather! I was worried that silkies or bantam Cochins would dwarf my birds, but I'm glad to hear they would probably be close in size.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by