Similar threads when starting new thread.

aart

Chicken Juggler!
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Nov 27, 2012
SW Michigan
My Coop
My Coop
Yeah, that's annoying as hell....and NO DATES.
I don't start new threads very often, so today is the first time I've seen this.
1615161726536.png

Yeah, that's annoying as hell....and NO DATES.
I don't start new threads very often, so today is the first time I've seen this.
View attachment 2560097
I think it showed up the same time as the Similar threads at the bottom of the page did. That is getting lots of old threads replied to that should be read only.

I was told to start a new thread if I wanted to discuss an issue. Even if there is an old thread about the same thing the advice may be different. There are new products out there.
That makes sense. If I open a thread and see it's from 2012, I leave. I'm sure others do, too. If you need urgent help or assistance, you don't want to be the last comment on a 10 year old thread. You will get a better response if you start a new one. Again, this is especially important if you need help NOW. You want your post to be the first thing someone reads.

Thanks for the details. I personally didn't read that as someone "telling" you what to do vs. making a suggestion of something you "can" do.
Agrees.
Would be nice to have a link to that thread to see the context(the rest of the thread).

Whether to start a new thread is highly subjective and context is important.

The similar threads block that appears when you do start new thread certainly seem so to imply that a new thread shouldn't be started as one may already exist.
Can be hard for newbies to forums to understand the subtle differences.

Back
Top Bottom