simpe coop we built for someone

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Bi0sC0mp, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Bi0sC0mp

Bi0sC0mp Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Raiford,FLA
    we built this simple coop for a lady we know it sits on a hill dont look level but it is ..whats you all think thanks

[​IMG]

2. gachickeeper

gachickeeper Out Of The Brooder

May 25, 2008
    Middle GA
    looks good and secure [​IMG]

3. BettyR

BettyR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    If its at all possible I would put some hardware cloth over the chicken wire; a possum or a coon can bite right through chicken wire like a hot knife through butter. You will also need to bury some wire around the bottom to keep predators from digging under. You can just nail some chicken wire like a skirt to the bottom frame on the outside then bury it with a few inches of dirt. So if a dog or a coon tries to dig into the coop they will run into the wire and not be able to get in.

Is there going to be a place for the chickens to get in out of the rain?

4. HeadHen

HeadHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2008
    Houston, TX
    i can't tell if there are roosts. Looks a lot like the brooder I made while my bids are in the garage... [​IMG]

5. snowydiamonds

snowydiamonds Chillin' With My Peeps

Is the other person providing a cover for part of it for shade and shelter from the weather?

6. CarlaRiggs

CarlaRiggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Nice and spacious for some hens; they'll enjoy the space. And the run is tall enough for a person to walk upright. [​IMG]

Carla

7. Bi0sC0mp

Bi0sC0mp Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Raiford,FLA
    towards the back u cant see it but the top is covered for shade and to keep the nest boxes out of the rain

8. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    I think it looks great! Congrats on the nice job!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by