"Simple Abundance"

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by synoviaus, May 3, 2009.

1. synoviaus

synoviaus Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    Blountsville, ALabama
    This is my latest art project. It's called "Simple Abundance". I can do all types of art. This is called rug hooking. You take a hook and pull 100 % wool threads through burlap to create rugs. In olden times ladies of the genteel would do these rugs by shreading up their old wool clothes to make the threads. I designed this rug myself. All the drawings and colors are my own. I really wanted to make anyone seeing this rug appreciate the simple things of life. I did this in remembrance of my childhood. It's all about having a lot despite not having a lot of money, and passing own these values. I hope you enjoy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

What are "ladies of the genteel"?

3. synoviaus

Apr 30, 2009
    Blountsville, ALabama
    Here's my "Dominicker" as Mama M ( my grandmother) called them.
    [​IMG]

4. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    Wow thats lovely. Looks like a whole lot of work!!

Ladies of the genteel = rich old snobs? LOL

5. montcapu

montcapu Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2008
    laingsburg, MI
    that is very impressive

6. synoviaus

Apr 30, 2009
    Blountsville, ALabama
    I take it to mean : In the Pre-Civil War to Civil War days you called ladies of fine families the gentility or Southern Belles. Its a term to mean the "blue bloods" of the South. This type of art was prevelant all through the country (North and South), as well as Europe. European Imigrants brought this form of art with them to America.

7. synoviaus

Apr 30, 2009
    Blountsville, ALabama
    Thanks, I'm glad you enjoy it. I have been working on this for over 8 months now, and still have a long way to go. Amy

8. Raven1

Raven1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Carthage, TN
    That is absolutely beautiful you have talent!

9. synoviaus

Apr 30, 2009
    Blountsville, ALabama
    I'll try and get some new pictures on here soon. I have almost finished hooking the cow. I have also drew in the stable behind the cow. Tomorrow I go to class. My hooking teacher is 80. She has altzheimer's so we are saddened to be losing a great teacher one day at a time. I really love this type of art. I can't sew anything, but this is really relaxing. Amy

10. synoviaus

Apr 30, 2009
    Blountsville, ALabama
    Here's updated pictures of my rug. It's almost complete. I will finish it soon. Amy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by