Simple Cash Register / Point of Sale (POS) for small store

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mulia24, Sep 8, 2010.

1. mulia24

mulia24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi everyone, [​IMG]

I will open a small store selling small goods like cigarette, sugar, cooking oil, etc. I want to make it a little modern. [​IMG] I mean, I'd like it work like in modern retail.

# I want to be able to put how many goods in my store into program database, set product description and price
    # when selling goods, I want to use barcode scanner, when a barcode being scanned the program should enter name and price of product automatically into list that will be printed to customer, while seller define amount of product manually
    # program count total amount and put it at the end of list printed to buyer
    # program automatically decrease amount of product in database, so I can check how many goods and what goods been sold to customer

it should be a real simple program, I've search through net, I get confused since some only support 4-5 digits of number and US$ currency while we got many digits of number here.
    well, US$1 is Rp.9000 here quite a bit of digits. while some support very complicated feature that I don't understand (well, I don't have good english).

my problem is that I need a simple free program that could handle tasks like I've described above, can anyone suggest me or give me simple program that can do that tasks? I don't expect too much but I prefer 'window' based program than command line based. [​IMG] thank you for helping me.. [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    There ought to be someone on here who could help you, but from what you describe, I wouldn't think it a simple program.

Good luck and God bless.

3. Surehatch

Surehatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2009
    Georgia
    Will get our company's technical guy to contact you

4. mulia24

Quote:thank you, I hope so...

good luck too and God bless.... [​IMG]

5. mulia24