Simple home remedies

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rooster-red, Jan 12, 2008.

1. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    AMAZINGLY SIMPLE HOME REMEDIES

1. If you are choking on an ice cube, simply pour a cup of boiling water down your throat. Presto! The blockage will instantly remove itself.

2. Avoid cutting yourself when slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold while you chop.

3. Avoid arguments with the Mrs. about lifting the toilet seat by using the sink.

4. For high blood pressure sufferers: simply cut yourself and bleed for a few minutes, thus reducing the pressure in your veins. Remember to use a timer.

5. A mouse trap, placed on top of your alarm clock, will prevent you from rolling over and going back to sleep after you hit the snooze button.

6. If you have a bad cough, take a large dose of laxatives, then you will be afraid to cough.

7. You only need two tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it
    doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

8. Remember: Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.

Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES, NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Hmmmmmmmm...You did try all these first right [​IMG]....lol

3. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    thoughts to remember, thanks rr

4. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG]

5. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    I was once on an Alaska Airlines flight where they fixed the wing with duct tape. while everyone on the plane was commenting on it, the pilot annouced it was some special airline flight tape. We all knew better, especially those who had lived in Alaska, it was duct tape. If you can't fix it with duct tape or dental floss it can't be fixed.

6. Mac

Mac Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    South Central PA
    Bahahahahhahah! I'll have to try some of these I haven't tried before.

And absolutely, duct tape is a wonder of our world! I've used it for applications some couldn't imagine. However, I might have bailed out of the plane while it was grounded if I saw it being used on a wing......

7. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    I was once on an Alaska Airlines flight where they fixed the wing with duct tape.

I swear by duct tape!! About 6 years ago before Travis got into racing stock cars and he was still in go-karts, he wrecked in practice before a huge National WKA race and tore up the fiberglass body. I used an entire roll of duct (kids call it duck tape!)tape to fix that kart, looked like hell but he won the race with that lucky duct tape!! My husband has called it hundred mile an hour tape since then, Travis and I call it "Lucky duck" tape all the time!! I feel sure it would work on that airplane, lol!​

Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
  8. hensdeliverthegoods

hensdeliverthegoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Catawba County, NC
    My husband, who is a trucker, calls duct tape "100 MPH tape"[​IMG]

9. Hotwings

Hotwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2007
    southwestern Michigan
    Who would of known Rooster Red had a wicked sense of humour! Are these your own or did ya find them? Anyway I think they are halious(sp?) and next time I go to the Dr. I will bring up that blood pressure remedy ha ha. Keep em coming.

10. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    I read these to my husband and teenagers ... we thought they were great! A sense of humor is so important in this life and laughing is really good for your health.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by