Simple Questions

Trevorusn

Crowing
Apr 15, 2019
New Hampshire
Howdy,
I have two basic questions that using the search bar did not really help me with answering. Being new, my first question is at what age do I stop using chick feed and go to the next stage feed?
Second question, I'm not totally sure what age my chicks are, being the folks at TSC could not fully answer that. Is there a rough guide for knowing the age??
20190421_123633.jpg

As you can see, the ISA Browns are quite a bit more along than the JGs, I was guessing they are at about 4 weeks and 2 weeks respectively?? Does that look about right???
20190421_122927.jpg

You can either feed chick starter until they start laying eggs, and then feed layer feed.

Or, you can feed chick starter until around 7 weeks, then switch to flock raiser. You can stay on flock raiser forever as long as you feel oyster shells to the laying hens as well.

Do the little ones have some wing feathers already? They look more like a week old or less, and the bigger ones maybe 3-4 weeks as you guessed.

All of them have pretty well developed wing feathers, and the one tan beaked JG already has little tail fluffs too. They are all flapping around now and gliding about the corral. At what age do the wings start feathering?

Back
Top Bottom