Simplest DIY incubator for 6 duck eggs?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by GnomeGirl, Nov 8, 2009.

1. GnomeGirl

GnomeGirl Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2009
    We have lost all of our ducks to God knows what. Even across the stream the wild ducks are gone and we usually have dozens. We have decided to incubate ducks eggs in the spring so that we can have the ducks from birth and train them to go into their house. I am looking for something relatively simple to hatch 6 eggs under tha care of myself and my little girls. All the posts here have me a bit overwhelmed!

2. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

3. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    Absolute simplest is MissPrissy's foam ice chest one. Almost as easy and nicer long term is Speckledhen's Mini-fridge Bator.

Either are excellent, quick to go together. And once you get the hang of it - easy to redo if you need to / want to.

4. GnomeGirl

Apr 28, 2009
    Quote:Where would I find these? The first link (post above yours) doesn't seem to have names.

5. muddstopper

muddstopper Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    Murphy NC
    Not sure what your asking about finding the Bators or names. The incubators shown in the link provided are DIY homemade units made by various members of the forum. You can find the information on how these units where built by searching the screen names of the person that built the bators. Some of the builders have the howto's and whatforth information on their personal BYC home pages, which you can find by looking at the personal information of the individual builders. If you cant figure out how to find the information, just post which incubator you want to try to build and I or someone here will try and look up the information ( if available) for you.

6. dovecanyon

dovecanyon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2009
    Niland, CA
    MissPrissy's incubator is the one on the top row called "chic-chick-bator". Good luck!

7. GnomeGirl

Apr 28, 2009
    Quote:Great! Thank you.

8. Overeasyplz

Overeasyplz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    that's the one I'm building, however, hubby said I'm doing it all wrong so he took over...

9. GnomeGirl

Apr 28, 2009
    Lucky for me even if I did it wrong my husband wouldn't have a clue LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by