Since I'm always talking about roosters...**Pics**

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Sparrow, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Sparrow

Sparrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    ...I thought I would post pics of some of my boys! These guys are living together in a large run, and they are getting along quite well, with only an occasional skirmish. I hope they continue to behave well, I absolutely love each one of them and they are all SO different The only one who lives separately is Sparrow...he only seems to get along with his 2 EE girlfriends. [​IMG]

This is my handsome White Rock rooster, Butterbean. When I picked out chicks, I was hoping beyond hope for a White Rock rooster! I loved the way they looked, so I picked out the biggest, fattest chick! I ended up with this lovely fellow. He is VERY respectful of me, I have disciplined him several times for going after the other roos or grabbing hens in front of me...and he doesn't do it anymore when I'm there. He is not afraid of being near me, but he does run away fast when I point at him or look at him meanly. If I yell his name when he acts up, he "BOKS" really loud and runs off. [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is Fleckerel, one of two Black Australorp roos. He has never been shaped correctly, and his legs are a little bowed, making it a little difficult for him to run or jump very high. He doesn't lookvery much like my other Australorp roo, and his body shape reminds me of a clean legged Cochin or something. He is incredibly mellow, though, and coos at you if you take the time to pet him. I think he was starting a sneeze when I took the pic, but it looks like he was asleep or something! lol

[​IMG]

These are my 3 Plymouth Rock roos, Marigold, Pickle and Pepper. Pickle/Pepper love to jump up and perch on me when I am in the run, they are very friendly and hyperactive little guys!

[​IMG]

This is my really special rooster, Sparrow. He is the most beautiful EE roo I think I have ever seen. Also has the sweetest, most affectionate personality of any roo, too. I could go on lots about him,but I think I already have on several different posts! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Beautiful... for the majority of us who will never be able to have roos.

Also...I only counted two BR not 3 in the photo... one looked like a BO.

3. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Beautiful Roosters [​IMG]

4. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:She just said three Plymouth Rocks. Their are several colors of Plymouth Rocks including; barred, white, buff, and partridge.

Beautiful boys! I wish I could have a roo.

edited for spelling and grammer

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2008
  5. Sparrow

Sparrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    Thanks for the comments! I really enjoy all my roo boys. They can be a challenge at times, but definitely worth the effort. [​IMG]

The gold rooster in the photo with the 2 Barred Rocks is a Buff Plymouth Rock. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by