Singing Chickens???

TechnoCat

Crowing
8 Years
Nov 20, 2011
Wherever Angel is~
yes, I'm the one with the singing chickens.
gig.gif
I am new to BYC and it's really cool. but let me tell you more about my two girls - amulet and pepper.
love.gif

amulet loves being picked up, and I was singing and then I stopped, and directly after I stopped... SHE PICKED UP WHERE I LEFT OFF!
D.gif

SO i TRIED IT AGAIN and she did it over and over and whenever I stopped she would pick right up! It's so hilarious and the first time I tried it I laughed soooo hard I almost peed.
gig.gif

Welcome!!
frow.gif

Both of my chickens are pretty vocal, but sound totally different. Abbey, MY BR "talks" to me a lot. It's like she is doing a running commentary on everything. She follows me around the yard chattering away. Harley, my RIR loves to sing... very loudly, lol. She trumpets, does her little opera solo and sometimes she sounds like she is humming. I love these chickens! They are so cute and have so much personality.
love.gif

haha! your chicken sounds like pepper (the australorpe) or as I call her, "The Chatterbox of the two." and I also think she is very hungry a lot, even though I feed her, when I give them worms, she steals them then bocks in amulet's face. I like chickens with personality.
sometimes in free range time on saturdays, she will do her 'egg song' even if she hasn't laid an egg, then I have to go out there and make her be quiet. (all I have to do is slam the back door, then they come to me thinking I have food!
gig.gif
lau.gif

thanks for making me feel welcome

I talk back to Abbey and we have a lot of conversations while I'm doing yard work. It's funny because she responds appropriately. She waits for me to say something and pause, then she'll answer in her chicken language. We go back and forth like this for a while. Neither of us understands what the other is saying, but we have a great time. I also sing along with Harley. Sometimes she is really on a roll and I help her with the chorus.
big_smile.png

My neighbors (and my husband) think I'm nuts, but I can't resist bonding with my girls this way. They love it and so do I.
love.gif

Quote:
That's absoulutly ADORABLE! I try to talk to pepper, but when I pick her up (she's VERY skittish, but chatty) she keeps doing the bicycle on my stomach and flaps her wings in my face (OW!) and I have to put her down, or she'll just fly out of my arms.
gig.gif

amulet- the buff orpington just sits in my arms and sings, but if I hold her too long she does the same exact thing pepper does.
Chicken Personality. It's never the same, LOL
lau.gif

My splash silkie (Pigwidgen) peeps still like a baby chick especially when she thinks I am coming out with treats.....combined with her brown eyes very very sweet. BTW she is 8 months old.

Back
Top Bottom