single baby chick questions

maco5

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 16, 2008
San Jose, CA
I was at the feed store over the weekend to return a rooster. (was hopefully going to be hen)

They finally had the mille fleurs I have been wanting!
Because I already have 4 standards, a bantam that wants to beat everyone up, and a polish mixie thing, I only got one mille chick.
I thought she could stay with the polish mix until they were both big enough to go outside.
But the polish wants to peck her on the head, and I am afraid she will get hurt so I seperated her.
Now she is alone and cries all the time!

She wants to come out of the crate, and just seems to want some type of interaction with something!

So tonite I wrapped her up in a little towel and held her for awhile.
So I'm holding a baby chick, bottle feeding the kangaroo, and have the baby wallaby in a pouch around my neck!
I felt like SUPERMOM!
I'm sure I looked ridiculous though!

My question is: what can I do to make her feel more comfortable?
I am unsure of her age, but I'm guessing 2 weeks maybe?
She doesn't need a heat lamp.

I feel bad now and wish I had bought one of the others that were with her!

I had to start bringing my freebie chick in at night. It was staying with my cornish all day but would come back to the house at night with me. It would get lonely and start peeping, so I put a little stuffed animal in with it. It really seems to help, been doing that for several weeks now. He'll be going outside for good as soon as the meaties "move out" of the pen I'm using for them.

Back
Top Bottom