Single brown orp chick

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ozark hen, Apr 10, 2009.

1. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Here is my brown orp chick that hatched yesterday morning around 10:30. It's back almost makes me think it is going to be a partridge color. The lighting here is not very good as it is brown with slate legs. It is from a special project. I hate that it is alone and my other 43 eggs won't be hatching for a little over a week now. Last night we lost power during the storms and I had to wake my dh to start the generator to keep it and the eggs warm. Thank goodness he did it for me. Hated that the power came back on about thirty minutes after he hooked everything up. [​IMG]
    But this little one is thriving so far!! One other from the same project is my avatar. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. GaDawg

GaDawg Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    North GA
    what a sweet looking chick....

3. my1stchicks

my1stchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    North FL
    What a sweet face! Ya know you could always go pick up a day old at TSC so the little one has a friend [​IMG]

4. ozark hen

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    I put my makeup mirror in there until the others hatch in a little over a week. He will be fine. I only want eggs that I can hatch here at home from reputable byc'ers. that is just my personal opinion and will not put it on anyone else [​IMG] thanks for the comments. It hollers a lot until I come and pick it up and then it was falling asleep in my cupped hands. Now it is fine with the mirror.

5. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I can't believe what PO did to those boxes. I am very sorry you didn't get more chicks. One is victory over the PO.

6. ozark hen

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Miss Prissy, after seeing that box it is a miracle I even got one and I am truly grateful for this one chick. It is fine with me. [​IMG] Can you tell me again, what will this one be? I know they are sex linked but can't remember [​IMG]

7. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    No, not sex linked. The girls just tend to have more spotty color than the cockerals.

8. ozark hen

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Well, that is good then, I have a girl. I think I will name this one April...real original huh? LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by