Single mom. Starting my urban homestead

Mommychef

In the Brooder
May 28, 2020
Hi all! I'm Amy. I live in MO, about 5 minutes from the St. Louis Airport. I'm a single mom & i live with my 22 year old son (who is on the autism spectrum) & my almost 16 year old daughter. I also have a 24 year old daughter who has given me a 2 year old grandson & 8 week old identical twin granddaughters! (But they don't live with me)

Now that my ex is gone & with all the Covid-19 stuff, I decided this was the year to do the things I've wanted to for years, that the ex would never let me. I planted my victory garden & decided to start my flock.

I'm a single mama, and love my animal filled kid loving home! I have a small conure parrot, age 18, 2 one year old maltipoos, and 6 bantam chicks, a mix of D'uccle and Silkies (got extras to compensate for males that will have to leave). I always wanted them anyhow, but finding out they were good therapy chickens for kids/people with different sensory/processing issues was the point where I went for it! My kids are a girl, age 7, and boy age 8.. we dont have autism here, but other similar issues that are interwoven. So hoping these will help give the kids some reprieve and also be just nice pets to have! Little eggs are just lemon meringue icing on the cake!

Hi all! I'm Amy. I live in MO, about 5 minutes from the St. Louis Airport. I'm a single mom & i live with my 22 year old son (who is on the autism spectrum) & my almost 16 year old daughter. I also have a 24 year old daughter who has given me a 2 year old grandson & 8 week old identical twin granddaughters! (But they don't live with me)

Now that my ex is gone & with all the Covid-19 stuff, I decided this was the year to do the things I've wanted to for years, that the ex would never let me. I planted my victory garden & decided to start my flock.
Awesome stuff!! Welcome. I wish you much success. I will try and be as helpful as I can if you have questions but I'm in the newbie area myself.

Back
Top Bottom