1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Single Young Roo seeks hens to crow old with!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by aimeeinwv, Aug 25, 2010.

1. aimeeinwv

aimeeinwv Songster

Single Young Black White Crested Bantam Rooster seeks hens of same breed to crow old with. He enjoys long walks in the pasture, catching bugs, cracked corn and chicken keep away with spaghetti noodles. Sometimes, if the moon is right and a hen would feel inclined, he could enjoy the occasional piggy back ride *wink wink* although he is saving his first time for that special someone.

Keeps updated pictures on his person's facebook page (Little Patch on the Lane)

Owns his own home (on the porch) in Teays Valley, WV and is employed full time frightening unprepared delivery drivers and guests and is known as a neighborhood celebrity.

Hens with chicks are fine, loves baby chicks, not opposed to being a Step-Rooster. Interested in starting his own family as the chickens out back are prejudice and do not accept his bi-racial colors. Therefore, they attempt to pluck out his crest!

Last name is de'Ville, first name Cruella. He's secure in his Rooster-hood and proud of this name.

[​IMG]

Please reply! My person will travel within a couple hundred miles to pickup. We like road trips!

[​IMG]

Me as new hatchling:

[​IMG]

2. Bat Cave Silkies

Bat Cave Silkies Songster

Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    [​IMG] Sorry I don't have a "wife" for Cruella....but I just had to tell you how much I love your ad!!! [​IMG]

3. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Songster

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Is D'ville biased to polish hens? Or would any breed of hen work? [​IMG]

4. aimeeinwv

aimeeinwv Songster

Well, our problem has been that the other hens won't have him... he looks different and is not aggressive ~

5. That made me smile. [​IMG] I hope your rooster finds what he's looking for.

6. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Songster

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:I think a silkie would be very accepting of him [​IMG] She's got chicks too

7. Atlchick

Atlchick Songster

Jun 5, 2009
    Grayson, GA
    So clever!!! If you were closer I'd GIVE you a couple of young Polish hens in appreciation of your creativity! Sounds like they would be going to a good home.

And besides, he is much more handsome than our young stud (our primo stud is a Rod Stewart-look-alike). I've never seen a polish roo as 'unfortunate' looking as our youngster, although he does have a sweet smile, a good sense of humor and a soft shoulder to lean on.

8. aimeeinwv

aimeeinwv Songster

Still looking for love - thought we may have found some in Dayton, Ohio. Maybe not. [​IMG]

Cruella is not giving up! He has however become friendly with a certain rosecomb bantam hen the last couple of days. They ate bugs together this evening. Not sure if that was a "date" or not...

9. aimeeinwv

aimeeinwv Songster

Quote:I think a silkie would be very accepting of him [​IMG] She's got chicks too

I just noticed this! I'm so sorry - how did I miss it?????

How much pre'tale would a nice silkie wife cost, for a gentleroo like Cruella? Is this a mail order bride? How far are you from WV?

10. I can add to that theory! My Silkies from a good breeder get along really well with their own kind. I never thought chickens could be so nice to each other. I'm used to my layer flock beating the snot out of the newbies and bullying so bad, blood is sometimes drawn and the injured must be taken away. We added young chicks to our Silkie pair and they were accepted without even the most cross peck or strained squawk. They're like a little family. The significance of their quality is really important, at least to me-because they're really docile and don't move around so much. In addition, they're graced with large crests that restricts vision, making it difficult to pick on anyone. Hatchery Silkies are nice, too, but I feel they're more active and crests are smaller, making it easier for them to become predators for blood.

Just my two cents...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by