sinus infection?? how to treat?

averytexans

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jan 1, 2013
Our Tom seems to have a sinus infection. He is about 3 months old. We gave him 1 2ml injection of duramycin 72-200 5 Days ago. It seemed to helpa small bit, but nothing noteworthy. We gave him 1st yesterday, thinking maybe he needed a three day regimine.. But, he is worse. Any suggestions would be appreciated

ChickieMel

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jun 22, 2014
Piney Woods, East Texas
My turkey has been suffering with the same infection-- call Ken at Quality Feed store in Houston on Main Street-- he'll tell you what he told me. My turkeys live a few hours away from us and I don't have the medicine name here -- it's a type of Tylan combo med. I'm on day 3 with using it to try to get my poor big mama finally healed! Geez! Call Ken--

Catwings

Chirping
6 Years
Sep 7, 2014
I had turkeys several years ago, and my vet worked with the Ft Worth zoo. He prescribed Tetracycline, but I don't know the dosage. I have a 16 week old turkey now that seems to have the same thing. I am going to call my vet tomorrow, but I will also call Ken in Houston. Failing that I will try to find the injections mentioned in a post above. Will let yall know what happens - hope she will be okay! Thanks for the help.

Akhntr

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 25, 2013
Have you had success with the stuff that you put in the water? I can't get the injectable but found the stuff for the water. Have a really sick Astrolop. Please let me know.

casportpony

🦚🦆🦃🐔
BYC Staff
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Jun 24, 2012
The Golden State
Have you had success with the stuff that you put in the water? I can't get the injectable but found the stuff for the water. Have a really sick Astrolop. Please let me know.
Either will work for many infections, both can be given orally, but one *must* weigh their bird and calculate the dose. I use a digital kitchen scale. If you don't have one, or can't afford one, take your bird to a vet office and ask if you can use their scale... Or, use the scale at the post office.
big_smile.png

-Kathy

Top Bottom