"Sir Lancelot" Blue Frizzled Serama Rooster

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by juliette2009, Sep 17, 2011.

1. juliette2009

juliette2009 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2009
    Wadmalaw Island, SC
    Sir Lancelot
    Weight: 16.5oz
    Hatched: June 11, 2010

Sir Lancelot is a blue silver birchen frizzled Serama rooster. Along with Lacy Louie, he is the foundation roo for my blue line of Seramas. He is currently molting so his tail has not fully grown back in. You can read more about him here and see photos of him before his molting. Please email me if you have questions rather than post to the auction as you will get a faster response that way.

We only ship within the continental US. No shipping to Puerto Rico, Hawaii, Guam or the Philippines. We do not sell to anyone under the age of 18. My flock is NPIP and AI certified and we ship on Mondays and Tuesdays only, using a new Bio-Filtered, USPS Approved Box and Express Shipping from South Carolina with food and water for each bird. Shipping costs are as follows:

$55 - 1 bird
    $65 - 2 birds
    $90 - 3-4 birds

Payments are made by PayPal only, please, to juliette@pixiechickens.com. We do not take E-Checks or money orders. You do not need a PayPal account in order to send payment, and there is no charge to you. I will send an invoice from PayPal at the close of auction, then you can reply with payment. Payment is expected within 24 hours from receipt of the invoice or else the bird will be offered to the next highest bidder. Nothing will be shipped until full payment is received.

The USPS no longer offers a money-back guarantee on the express shipment of live animals. Once live birds leave us, there will be no refunds due to late postal deliveries. These things are out of our control.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

His parents are Honey Bun and Blue Pearl

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are some of his offspring.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  2. Serama Newbee

Serama Newbee Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2011
    Unincorporated Rockford
    Too many roos, or not needed in breeding project?

3. juliette2009

Apr 27, 2009
    Wadmalaw Island, SC
    Quote:Too many frizzled roos! I FINALLY have some SMOOTH laced blues from Sir Lancelot that I'm now working with, and I'm still using Lacey Louie because he throws blue, and splash as well. However, since all my roos are frizzled, they will slowly be replaced by their smooth male offspring, especially since most of my girls are frizzled as well.

4. Sushi

Sushi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2010
    Michigan
    So if you were to breed him to a smooth black hen, what colours would result? I know seramas aren't too predictable in the color dept, but I thought I'd ask. I have a black hen from a black hen & mottled wheaten rooster that I need to find a mate for as all her eggs are going to waste (well, eaten when they could be hatched)

5. juliette2009

Apr 27, 2009
    Wadmalaw Island, SC
    Quote:Theoretically, the chart goes like this...

Blue x Blue = 50% blue 25% Black 25% Splash
    Blue x Black = 50% Blue 50% Black
    Black x Splash= 100% Blue
    Splash x Splash= 100% Splash
    Black x Black = 100% Black

I have also gotten some blue mottleds from crossing Sir Lancelot x black hens.

Half the offspring should be frizzled, half smooth.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by