Sissy Rooster

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by midwestchickenwrangler, Sep 25, 2011.

1. midwestchickenwrangler

midwestchickenwrangler Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2010
    Greenfield, Indiana
    Does anyone else have a sissy rooster?

I have a White Leghorn x Silkie mix rooster who is very pretty. He started crowing in a grow out pen but when I put him in the outside coop with his dad and the rest of the chickens, he quit. His dad has now been gone for a few months, and Socks is still the biggest sissy in the coop. lol He runs around like a mad man when we give them treats just to get away from the "flying food". Its the funniest thing to watch.

2. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    LOL must be the silky in him! [​IMG]

3. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    My Show-girl rooster lived in a separate coop with a female Show-girl and I never saw him "do the deed" with her. Maybe he regarded her as a sister, but that never stopped the roos in the other coop. He did boss around some other hens when free ranging, and I once caught his standing on the back of a jumbo Cochin twice his size but he didn't seem to know what to do. He didn't really run away from the other roosters when free ranging in the yard.

[​IMG]

4. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

I wouldn't say this to DH [​IMG] , but I consider our d'uccle a sissy rooster. When I read of roosters standing up to cats, and dogs and much, much worse, I think "Wow! Really???" Our little roo is the first to run for cover at any sign of trouble [​IMG] But the girls like him and he has a pretty crow.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by