Sister fights!!!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Bessie1994Snider, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Bessie1994Snider

Bessie1994Snider Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    I just don't know what to do my older sister Sara has never been a amazingly nice person ,but she is going to far. Tonight she got mad because her movie got interupted I tried to help her but we Do Not mix well and she ended up calling me a name. Well I went upstairs to cool down then came back down to get my dog and my moms dog. I went to pick up my moms dog and she grabbed him by his head (he only weighs six pounds) and jerked him back. Automatically I slapped her arm so she would let go. I should never have hit her that was wrong, but it wasn't a hard hit at all I just wanted her to let go. Well she then hit me in my face and neck four times. She was hitting me so hard my mom had to get her off me.We both yelled at each other and then she started saying how Sammy(my Dog) was hers. Then she slapped me as hard as she could across my face. So I ran upstairs with dogs and hid out for a while ,and she went a friends house. Couple hours later we argued and she again hit me repeatedly I didn't touch her at all ,but she kept hitting me in my chest. Well iwas tired of it so after I got away I took pics of my neck and chest for evidence. I also took my camera and recorded her saying she was going to hit me again and admitting Sam has been mine for four years. I just wish she would be nicer to me and the animals. This isn't the first time she has hit me ,but it is the first were she hurt me pretty bad. She needs an anger managment class or something she can't be hitting me like this. I say that because she is just every day an angry ,mean person.

To give you some backgroud info we got Sam n '03 as a puppy from breeders. For Sara and she has papers giving her ownership of Sam. Anyway way Sam was supposed to be no more than six pounds ,but has grown to be a healthy twelve pounds. Sara soon grew tired of him within two years he had started sleep in my bed and I took care of him. When he was three years old she said if you want him take him so I did. Well for four years he has been my dog and I love him so much. Wen she moved back in with us two months ago she started to say he was hers just to hurt me.

She is also Pregnant which means I really shouldn't have hit her ,but I did feel really bad about and apologized to her for hitting her. But she wasn't even paying attention so I don't know if she heard me.

Anyway thanks for listening everybody sorry for rambiling.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2010
  2. celticravenz

celticravenz Out Of The Brooder

Nov 12, 2010
    Alaska
    Bessie I'm sorry you and your sister had such a horrible fight. It's never any fun to fight with any family member. I didn't get along with my older sister until I was much older and she was out of the house. She always corrected me when I did or said something wrong. I "didn't speek correct english or did I ever read right let alone spell very well. It would hurt me so bad I wanted so bad to get back at her but had know way of doing it. I'm now in my Mid 40's and she is in her 50's and we get along better but don't always see eye to eye but can agree to disagree now. So don't give up, when time moves on and you both have moved on and aren't in the same house maybe things will get better for you two. My best to you [​IMG]
    LONG LIVE LITTLE SISTERS [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Bessie1994Snider

Bessie1994Snider Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Thanks I think tommorow I will try to make amends. I don't think she means to be so violent she just has anger issues. I also need to be a think a little more before I act.

4. Toast n Jelly

Toast n Jelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2007
    St.Charles, QC
    Quote:There's no reason for physical violence. Help is needed in this house. [​IMG]

5. Arcnadius

Arcnadius Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2010
    Western WI
    Toast'n Jelly :

There's no reason for physical violence. Help is needed in this house. [​IMG]

x2. If she's like this with you, what will happen when the baby frustrates her?​

6. BillQuick

BillQuick Out Of The Brooder

Nov 3, 2010
    It sounds like she has a lot of pent up anger and frustration. Perhaps she's not dealing with the pregnancy very well / her hormones are all over the place.

I would strongly recommend she sees a councellor and tries to get to the bottom of the problem. I've been to councelling in the past and it did me the world of good!

7. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    Quote:x2. If she's like this with you, what will happen when the baby frustrates her?

X3. That kind of behavior is completely unacceptable. Anyone who acts that way needs therapy and anger management. I have 2 boys and they would never do that in THIS house.

8. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Wow, that is what we call here a "Nuclear Overreaction" on her part.
    My parents would've shut anything like that day from jump-we were NOT allowed to hit on each other.
    Very sad you are dealing with this. [​IMG]

9. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Well, you should not have hit her, but she is older, and should have more control to not hit you back in the very least. she is pregnant, and hormones are probably out of whack, but that isn't an excuse for her to be violent. The parents should control this situation, it is their house, their rules, and they need to step up. Sorry you are going through this. Just try to avoid her for now. I wouldn't even bother to go in and apologize at this point. Give her space, lots and lots of space, by not even engaging her in conversation if you can avoid it. It's not worth it with some people.

10. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    Having pictures and proof of the abuse if good, but only if you have a sworn statement to go with it.. With "official" dates and times recorded. Having a picture of this time and another picture of another time isn't going to do any good unless it's documented. If you are a minor, your parent/parents have to protect you in your home and this is definitely one of those situations.

It seems with your sisters anger, that the only way she would seek help (cause this seems to be an ongoing thing) is if you take it a step further and actually make a statement to the police. They may step in and require that something be done. What did your mother do/say to your sister to keep this from happening again? Anything? If this is the normal in your household, and your parents aren't stopping it from happening at all, then something needs done for you.

Good luck to you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by