Sitting down alot

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by GlovesB, Mar 22, 2018.

1. GlovesB

GlovesB Chirping

Apr 3, 2014
    Felton, CA
    For the last couple weeks one of my Girlz has been sitting down a lot. I've done all the usual inspections. She's eating well, comb is bright, eyes are clear, same weight, feathers are all so beautiful and clean. The only thing I noticed was her nails are super long. I don't remember them being so long, but I've never noticed them to be unusual. Could this be the reason she's sitting down alot?

2. ChickNanny13

ChickNanny13 Crossing the Road

Jun 23, 2013
    The Big Island/Hawaii
    Can you post a picture of her feet/nails? It's possible but lets wait to see what others say. Is her nails dark or white where you can see the quik?

GlovesB likes this.
  3. rebrascora

rebrascora Free Ranging

Feb 14, 2014
    Consett Co.Durham. UK
    Hi
    How old is she and have you checked for any abdominal swelling, between her legs? When she does walk, is she lame? Does she move like it is painful or does she just seem to get tired. Can you make a video of her walking and upload it to You Tube and then post a link here so that we can see the condition of her nails and feet and how she moves.

GlovesB and ChickNanny13 like this.
  4. GlovesB

GlovesB Chirping

Apr 3, 2014
    Felton, CA
    I'm going to snap a pic in the next couple days of her feet and nails. They're mostly white I think.

5. GlovesB

GlovesB Chirping

Apr 3, 2014
    Felton, CA
    I'm going to see if I can get a video of her walking. No swelling anywhere. She's about 4 yrs old. She laid an egg last week sometime. Everything else seems normal. When I go out to the coop with treats, she can move pretty quick
    But other than that she doesn't venture too far.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: