Sitting pigs

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by jbourget, Nov 18, 2011.

1. jbourget

jbourget Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    CT
    [​IMG] my pigs are lazy bums........look at them they have to have a squat everwere they go...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MMMM bacon ham and sausage.... are thier appropriate names

2. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    Love the names!!! hahahahaha [​IMG]

3. clairabean

clairabean Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Kootenays of BC!
    [​IMG] They are great looking pigs!

Are they meat pigs? If so, when do you butcher? When we do pigs we get piglets in April, and butcher that October.

4. jbourget

jbourget Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    CT
    Yup, they are over due actually. one is in the freezer allready and one is for a roast and the other...well i dont know? sell some if we can? but we have alot of porky pig around here . [​IMG]

5. greeneggsandham

greeneggsandham Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Putnam,CT
    Are you breeding any?

6. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    I think they're kind of cute........

7. carolinagirl58

carolinagirl58 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Lugoff, SC
    Quote:I think they are VERY cute! But they don't stay that size. I won't get a piggy....I won't get a piggy.....I won't get a piggy......

(last piggy I had I accidentally turned into a pet and I couldn't eat her. We sold her instead)

8. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    Quote:I think they are VERY cute! But they don't stay that size. I won't get a piggy....I won't get a piggy.....I won't get a piggy......

(last piggy I had I accidentally turned into a pet and I couldn't eat her. We sold her instead)

[​IMG] ... every time my DW sees me on CL looking for farm anilmas she says NO!! She know I want one!! lol

9. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio

[​IMG] ... every time my DW sees me on CL looking for farm anilmas she says NO!! She know I want one!! lol

Piglets are so cute, but I always go through the big barn quickly at the county fair.....The adult pigs sure do stink! PEE-U!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by