Sitting with a cup of coffee. (coffee lovers)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Mr MKK FARMS, Sep 23, 2013.

1. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    It might also be a food allergy. Some foods will make me ache like I have been dropped from a plane.
    Cut out one thing that you do everyday for two weeks. Then eat it, a lot of it. just it. If you feel awful.. that is the culprit. Corn is problematic for me.
    When I was a kid we ate something called Alpine. It was raw oats and nuts and berries. I loved it.
    High calories though. So after we all got fat we stopped eating it and went back to .... you guessed it! Corn flakes.
    Have a good day sparkle!

2. Puddin Fluff

Puddin Fluff Crowing

Mar 30, 2012
    River Valley, AR
    We should love our bodies at any age/stage, just shouldn't share them!
    Tell my hubby that when I bring one in the kitchen that needs "doctoring" for some reason.

Hope they get to you safely.

Ditto Above!

Too Cute!
    [​IMG]That stinks.

Sorry you are not feeling well. My dad had lyme disease so get it treated. It is no fun.[​IMG]

You must share duckling pics when they come.

Whew! caught up, sort of.

No baby llama! [​IMG] My friend told me a story of a horse he had that had a "false" pregnancy. I really didn't need to hear that one!

Hope every one is well and has a great day.

3. SparkleFlower

SparkleFlower Songster

Aug 11, 2013
    ohhh, i don't really think it's a food allergy, i have had allergy testing before and was just allergicto peants.

thanks for th reply i wuld tpe more but my finges are hurting worse right now, i hopre that you can read tis

have a ood ay 3goodegs!

4. csling

csling Chirping

Apr 1, 2014
    Mansfield, Pa
    GOOD MORNING COFFEE LOVERS!!

[​IMG]

So yesterday while examining and bonding with my peeps all in the brooders I discovered I have a few more roos than originally expected. (only time will show all in the genders really). Anyway, I was trying to find out what is the appropriate age/ time to cull out roos that will be moved to freezer camp? All my chickens are either a rare, heritage or meat/layer breed (non are just meat purpose). I've read that these kinds of chickens take a bit longer to get to butcher size for a decent meal size. I plan on seeing if I can sell or give away some of my roos ,FIRST, but there are 9!! so I just want to be prepared for this task if it does arise later this year!

so... how long should I keep the roos till they are perfect size to eat and do I need to change them to a finisher kind of feed if we do decide to do this???

5. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    There is a butchering thread somewhere. Try a search in the bar up top.
    I think I have it book marked, but I have to head out..like ten minutes ago, I always chickened out of buttering. But the idea is good. I could clean them,,, if they were someone else's .
    if you have not found it by this afternoon, I will try to find it, if I beat the homework kid to the computer.[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  6. csling

csling Chirping

Apr 1, 2014
    Mansfield, Pa
    Thanks I'll let ya know if I find it... till than thanks for the help!

7. cindynkidsd

cindynkidsd Chirping

Sep 13, 2013
    Southeast VA
    The non meat breeds take longer to fill out. My last ones were 16 weeks but I'm not sure about the finisher food. I kept and fed mine with the flock. It's not hard to process. I just had to get over the initial nerves. Read a lot!!!!

8. ocap

ocap Crowing

Jan 1, 2013
    Smithville, Missouri
    I know of a Lyme disease case in your part of the USA, if you are in the first stage the medication is cheap and the test is not reliable, so take the medication. If it goes dormant and comes back the symptoms are terrible and the treatment difficult. Google the disease and learn for yourself. Deer ticks are one of the reasons I delay sending any cockerels to freezer camp, it takes them several months to gain enough confidence to free range over a wide territory.

easy to have too many chickens, since the "Broody Magician" , Mr. Sour (on this thread) performed his broody dance I have had three pullets decide they wanted a family. two have adopted chicks from my incubator the third will be given chicks Sunday (if I have any hatch).

9. csling

csling Chirping

Apr 1, 2014
    Mansfield, Pa
    I read three different ones and found one that had step by step details! I saved it for future reference! thanks for the great direction of where to look [​IMG]

10. csling

csling Chirping

Apr 1, 2014
    Mansfield, Pa
    thanks! I know I'm already dreading the idea but sometimes it just has to be done!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by