Sitting with a cup of coffee. (coffee lovers)

Quote: Peanut allergy is one of the worst - I know people that have it so bad, for them it is literally life-threatening. But if you have one food allergy, you can develop more (by taking appropriate measures, you can develop tolerance for some things to which you were previously reactive, too - but that's the domain of allergists, not an anonymous forum dweller).

My mother developed Lyme's disease from a tick bite. I second (or is it third?) the advice to get diagnosed and treated - it's nothing to mess about with!

I know of a Lyme disease case in your part of the USA, if you are in the first stage the medication is cheap and the test is not reliable, so take the medication. If it goes dormant and comes back the symptoms are terrible and the treatment difficult. Google the disease and learn for yourself. Deer ticks are one of the reasons I delay sending any cockerels to freezer camp, it takes them several months to gain enough confidence to free range over a wide territory.
thanks for the info. we have tons of pine trees and ticks where I live. I remember when I was almost 11 I was taking ballet classes I dreaded going because I felt so tired and it hurt to move, I had to stop taking classes. that was over 2 years ago and it has just gotten worse since then. i have not had a blood for it yet because i don't like doctors, they always try to get people vaccinated. my mom is looking up a lot about natural lyme disese remedies right now.

has anyone used a thingy called a "rife" for lyme diesese treatment?

does anyone know of any other natural remedies for it?

thanks for the info. we have tons of pine trees and ticks where I live. I remember when I was almost 11 I was taking ballet classes I dreaded going because I felt so tired and it hurt to move, I had to stop taking classes. that was over 2 years ago and it has just gotten worse since then. i have not had a blood for it yet because i don't like doctors, they always try to get people vaccinated. my mom is looking up a lot about natural lyme disese remedies right now.

has anyone used a thingy called a "rife" for lyme diesese treatment?

does anyone know of any other natural remedies for it?
sounds like you are in the second stage.....but I am not a doctor.

edited to add:
my wife met a lady whose daughter died of Lyme Disease.

Last edited:
PLEASE Sparkle, seek proper medical treatment. I live in an area where people were getting very ill from lymes before they knew what it even was and still are now. Untreated it can be a very bad thing
hugs.gif

Quote: please don't frighten her. Remember we are not dealing with an "old fogy" here
wink.png
love.gif

SPARKLE - First thing. Get the test for Lymes but start the treatment ASAP! There is no proven "natural" cure.

One more thing!!! left untreated Lymes can become very serious damaging organs, etc. and develop into chronic pain you will have to live with the rest of your life!!!

You may not have Lymes at all but now is the time to find out!!! One trip to the doctor now could save you many trips (or worse, hospitalization) later.

DON'T PLAY DOCTOR, GO SEE ONE! PLEASE!!!

Last edited:
I have three broodies, I think I need to go get me some fertile eggs!

That sounds like a good plan!!! =D
wee.gif
More chickies! More chickies!
wee.gif

D.gif
And let mother hen do all the work!!!
caf.gif

I just made the mistake of checking the tracking on my chicks. The USPS "priority" shipping info states they are still in MO and not expected to arrive here until Saturday. With the expected temps, I am afraid if for once the post office info is correct, my chicks don't stand a chance. Going to go sit in my coop for a while.
hugs.gif
Take a cup of coffee and don't stay gone too long.
hugs.gif

GOOD MORNING PEOPLES! I'M DRINKING/EATING COFFEE IN/ON CEREAL FROM A PLOWL! IT'S JUST RAW OATS AND CRAZINS BUT IT'S BETTER THAN THE STORE-BOUGHT CEREAL! my mom thinks I might have lime diseise.......I have a lot of the symtoms......it may be something else, but i just want to feel well enough to do fun stuff like riding my bike or roller-skating or......anything
hide.gif

MY MUSCOVY DUCKY'S FIRST EGGS ARE GOING TO HATCH IN 12 DAYS OR LESS!
jumpy.gif

What is a plowl? My DD used to eat raw, cold oats with cold vanilla soy milk when she was little.
Sorry to hear about the possibility of your having lyme disease. They're weird symptoms. I hope you're not symptomatic often; take care of yourself, that helps.

Yay for the
jumpy.gif
!!!!!

We should love our bodies at any age/stage, just shouldn't share them!
I'm totally with you on the not sharing part; I'm not sharing with anyone!!!! (there's a DH clause implied here)
Tell my hubby that when I bring one in the kitchen that needs "doctoring" for some reason.

Hope they get to you safely.

Ditto Above!

Too Cute!
th.gif
That stinks.

Sorry you are not feeling well. My dad had lyme disease so get it treated. It is no fun.
sad.png

You must share duckling pics when they come.

Whew! caught up, sort of.

No baby llama!
he.gif
My friend told me a story of a horse he had that had a "false" pregnancy. I really didn't need to hear that one!
How long is she overdue? IDK how all this works with llamas, but with dogs you check their temp, and with humans they just come out when they come out.
Is there a way you can find out whether she's pregnant or if it might be a false pregnancy?
I'm so sorry you're having this problem; I hope she either delivers or slims up really soon!!!
hugs.gif

Hope every one is well and has a great day.
Thanks! You too!!! =)

GOOD MORNING COFFEE LOVERS!!

So yesterday while examining and bonding with my peeps all in the brooders I discovered I have a few more roos than originally expected. (only time will show all in the genders really). Anyway, I was trying to find out what is the appropriate age/ time to cull out roos that will be moved to freezer camp? All my chickens are either a rare, heritage or meat/layer breed (non are just meat purpose). I've read that these kinds of chickens take a bit longer to get to butcher size for a decent meal size. I plan on seeing if I can sell or give away some of my roos ,FIRST, but there are 9!! so I just want to be prepared for this task if it does arise later this year!

so... how long should I keep the roos till they are perfect size to eat and do I need to change them to a finisher kind of feed if we do decide to do this???

Disclaimer: I can tell you what I've been told, but I have no experience with this myself.
When they start crowing is the perfect time to send them to freezer camp as tender, young birds. If you wait any longer, then they'll be tough (the testasterone that makes them crow also makes the meat tougher), so you'd have to stew them beyond POC (point of crow; I just made that up).
Roosters look prettier for sale when they're older, so.....
That's the info I can offer; the decision is up to you. =)
Oh, I forgot to answer about the finisher feed. I was told that putting them in a pen large enough for them to move around really well, but not letting them have tons of space (like free ranging or a fenced front or back yard) would help with building up their muscle, also extra protein.
IDK; no experience here, just second-hand information.

I know of a Lyme disease case in your part of the USA, if you are in the first stage the medication is cheap and the test is not reliable, so take the medication. If it goes dormant and comes back the symptoms are terrible and the treatment difficult. Google the disease and learn for yourself. Deer ticks are one of the reasons I delay sending any cockerels to freezer camp, it takes them several months to gain enough confidence to free range over a wide territory.

easy to have too many chickens, since the "Broody Magician" , Mr. Sour (on this thread) performed his broody dance I have had three pullets decide they wanted a family. two have adopted chicks from my incubator the third will be given chicks Sunday (if I have any hatch).

Yeah, I just found out that the eggs I collect from my, now, broody hen and gave to a friend...didn't hatch!!!
barnie.gif

Thankfully, I have 3 eggs in the 'bator. I've been asking around, so if anyone here has any experience or advice, I'd greatly appreciate it.
I hope my pullets go broody too. I haven't been doing well with incubating.

please don't frighten her. Remember we are not dealing with an "old fogy" here
wink.png
love.gif

SPARKLE - First thing. Get the test for Lymes but start the treatment ASAP! There is no proven "natural" cure.

One more thing!!! left untreated Lymes can become very serious damaging organs, etc. and develop into chronic pain you will have to live with the rest of your life!!!

You may not have Lymes at all but now is the time to find out!!! One trip to the doctor now could save you many trips (or worse, hospitalization) later.

@SparkleFlower Please listen to chickisoup, ocap, and the rest of us.

sounds like you are in the second stage.....but I am not a doctor.

edited to add:
my wife met a lady whose daughter died of Lyme Disease.
ohhhhh my gosh
ep.gif

please don't frighten her. Remember we are not dealing with an "old fogy" here
wink.png
love.gif

I just don't know, my mom will get my blood tested pretty soon, she is just looking up things that will help it right now. we only realized it could be lymes yesterday. I got in our infrared sauna and it helped the joint pain a little bit.
That sounds like a good plan!!! =D
wee.gif
More chickies! More chickies!
wee.gif

D.gif
And let mother hen do all the work!!!
caf.gif

hugs.gif
Take a cup of coffee and don't stay gone too long.
hugs.gif

What is a plowl? My DD used to eat raw, cold oats with cold vanilla soy milk when she was little.
Sorry to hear about the possibility of your having lyme disease. They're weird symptoms. I hope you're not symptomatic often; take care of yourself, that helps.

Yay for the
jumpy.gif
!!!!!
plowl = a thingy that isn't a plate, but it isn't a bowl, so it's a plowl! my brother came up with the name "plowl"

Back
Top Bottom