1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sitting with a cup of coffee. (coffee lovers)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Mr MKK FARMS, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Puddin Fluff

Puddin Fluff Overrun With Chickens

Mar 30, 2012
    River Valley, AR

Well, I dodn't mean no time frame at all, 50 weejs is the average but nt at all unusual for them to go a fullyear. We are about four days over that now. Pretty weather today, tben storms forcast for the next four. IShe is aking me crazy. The breeder , who has over twenty years experience and at one time had almost 100 head of llama isn't yet concerned so IF am just holding my breath.:duc

2. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    I must'a been a llama too. By my calculations I was at 11 months, by the doc' 10 and a bit.
    My prediction; A big boy with a voracious appetite!
    Good luck to her, and you too.

3. ocap

ocap Overrun With Chickens

Jan 1, 2013
    Smithville, Missouri
    [​IMG]

4. chicken scout

chicken scout Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2014
    i am sure yo can fit a little more... and then some more... and then some more and then you need a new coop and then some more chickens and more chickens and more chickens

5. chickisoup

chickisoup one Blessed chicki Premium Member

Oct 21, 2013
    northern exposure
    [​IMG]
    I'M A NEW CHICKI MOMMA!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

They arrived in super shape!!! The postmaster said she had never seen chicks shipped in such quality boxes! Guess the extra cost for the packaging was money well spent. They were double boxed with wood shredding in between for insulation and a wood shredding mat in the box with them as well as a little blob of hydrojel in the corner. Even the heat pack in with them was still warm!!!

I have more good news!!! I just got a call from a gentleman who was ORDERED by his mom to come get my roo, Max, for her ladies!!! Just from talking with him I know he is going to a great home.

Thank you all for your prayers and patient "hand holding" a very nervous new momma. I really had no one here I could share my nerves with who would understand. Thank you. [​IMG]
    you all really are the greatest!!! [​IMG]

eta-better pics to come. I just didn't want to harass them too much yet.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  6. chicken scout

chicken scout Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2014
    my kind of doctor

7. SparkleFlower

SparkleFlower Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2013
    *UNPOPULAR OPINION TIME*

hi peoples! I'm pretty sure I have lyme disese but I'm not going to a doctor. it is not safe to take children to doctors if you do not want them to have shots, so I'm not going. I am doing communion everyday because god heals people when they do that. so, yeah I'm totally not going to a doctor.[​IMG]

P.S. I'M DRINKING COFFEE!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  8. Puddin Fluff

Puddin Fluff Overrun With Chickens

Mar 30, 2012
    River Valley, AR
    Thank you!!

Yeah!!! chickie babies!!! What kind, I forgot [​IMG], too many posts to keep up with.[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. TeaChick

TeaChick Overrun With Chickens

May 5, 2013
    Deep South
    My Coop
    Yeah.
    [​IMG]

Eggs on a puddle jumper...hmmm...wrap them in your clean-noStainsOrRips-definitelyNotMatching clothes? That way the space is doing double duty: clothes must go with you and eggs are safe inside of them. [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. TeaChick

TeaChick Overrun With Chickens

May 5, 2013
    Deep South
    My Coop
    I see. I see. Mmmm, I see.
    How long overdue is the breeder willing to let her get?
    Well, here's hoping all goes well. I would be a total mess; I'm terrible with chicken eggs for three weeks; I don't know what I'd be like for 50 weeks with a large mammal!!!

[​IMG] I get this!!! I soooooo get this!!!
    My first son had to be induced (he was not coming out on his own!!!) and he was 1 oz shy of 9 lbs. (and I'm a "tiny thing"), plus, he had to be switched to the bottle only by the time he was four months old; I physically could not keep up with his appetite and his toddler sisters. [​IMG] lol

x2 on the well wishing [​IMG]

Hi, friend. =)

[​IMG] @ the top pic!!!
    Congrats on being a new chicken momma!!! [​IMG]
    Yay!!! about the chicks [​IMG]
    Yay!!! about the roo [​IMG]
    You're so very welcome; holding each others' hands is what we're all here for!!! [​IMG] and [​IMG]
    And, yes, not harassing them is more important than chick pics. [​IMG]

I take my children to the doctor when they need it (which happens to be rarely) and they're not vaccinated (the younger two have had no vaccinations) and they don't get shots just b/c they're there (my youngest had to have shots of local anesthetic when he got stitches in his scalp, that's it).
    God does heal us when we have faith in Him to do so, and when it is in accordance to His Will for our lives. (That can become a sticky and complicated conversation, if/when pursued.) Suffice to say: I'm glad you have such great faith in God.
    Seeing a doctor does not mean you have to get a shot and it also does not have to negate your faith in God.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by