Sitting with a cup of coffee. (coffee lovers)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Mr MKK FARMS, Sep 23, 2013.

1. ocap

ocap Overrun With Chickens

Jan 1, 2013
    Smithville, Missouri
    rainy day here in MO, perfect coffee weather. Bantam moms are doing well, I am proud !!!

2. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

@chickisoup [​IMG] and I thought that I had it bad!!!!!!

Well, I wish that I had ordered more eggs, and learned to stack ..... hatch day is tomorrow, and my incubator is NOT full. [​IMG] I was worried that would happen....shipped eggs, just ended up tossing too many. There are a few more in there that I am sure I should also toss, they look like late dead in shells (veins have disappeared and no longer moving). But, big sigh, they don't stink, so I am hoping that my no longer well functioning eyes are incorrect.

Also, I have live chicks flying toward me as we speak. We will have to hope they make it here in good shape. I often loose one or two.....I am just way too many mail stops away from the real world.

3. pollitos2013

pollitos2013 Chillin' With My Peeps

Good afternoon everyone - hope you all and your chicks are safe and warm today on this stormy day. :love

4. Puddin Fluff

Puddin Fluff Overrun With Chickens

Mar 30, 2012
    River Valley, AR
    I know you are DONE with the snow, but I do enjoy seeing it. We lived in Anchorage many years ago and I loved it. We get snow occasionally here but nothing like the great white north. Thanks for shareing your snow with us southerners![​IMG]

5. TeaChick

TeaChick Overrun With Chickens

May 5, 2013
    Deep South
    My Coop
    [​IMG] Hooray for success!!!!!

Wow!!!!!
    PS: I agree with taking one's coffee "Seriously. Very seriously." [​IMG]

6. TeaChick

TeaChick Overrun With Chickens

May 5, 2013
    Deep South
    My Coop
    Oh, Alaskan, I'm sorry your incubator isn't bursting at the seams; you'd be happier that way, wouldn't you? [​IMG] I didn't really outbid you on those Bantam eggs last month, but I'm really sorry now that you were outbid!!! I hope that all the eggs you lock(ed) down hatch out for you!!! and that you don't lose any chicks in your shipment!!! [​IMG]

Update (for those of you who don't go on my flock thread for my updates):
    My broody has been in lockdown at least yesterday and today. But it appears she's got cocci. So, I've got to treat her for that. =( When I picked her up to check the nest for poo (which there wasn't any, so I don't have to take the nest apart and re-build it for her), we rolled an egg out. I just nonchalantly picked it up and slipped it into my pocket. I candled it in the house so I could put it in the incubator if it was developing. It was sloshy!!! So I put it in a sandwich bag and threw it in the garbage. =( That's two of her original nine that were clears. Maybe, she'll get one chick out of this, God willing. :\ We'll see.

7. chickisoup

chickisoup one Blessed chicki Premium Member

Update (for those of you who don't go on my flock thread for my updates):
    My broody has been in lockdown at least yesterday and today. But it appears she's got cocci. So, I've got to treat her for that. =( When I picked her up to check the nest for poo (which there wasn't any, so I don't have to take the nest apart and re-build it for her), we rolled an egg out. I just nonchalantly picked it up and slipped it into my pocket. I candled it in the house so I could put it in the incubator if it was developing. It was sloshy!!! So I put it in a sandwich bag and threw it in the garbage. =( That's two of her original nine that were clears. Maybe, she'll get one chick out of this, God willing. :\ We'll see.

Crossing fingers for your broody! [​IMG] She gets at least two babies and the cocci clears up before anything hatches.

8. cindynkidsd

cindynkidsd Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2013
    Southeast VA
    I know there are a lot of miles between us but the difference is just crazy!

9. cindynkidsd

cindynkidsd Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2013
    Southeast VA
    [​IMG]
    That's out my back window right now!

10. Puddin Fluff

Puddin Fluff Overrun With Chickens

Mar 30, 2012
    River Valley, AR
    okay, now when I get home I have to do a pic out the window. I think everyone on the thread should. It will be interesting![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by