Sitting with a cup of coffee. (coffee lovers)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Mr MKK FARMS, Sep 23, 2013.

1. TeaChick

TeaChick Overrun With Chickens

May 5, 2013
    Deep South
    My Coop
    No, not you!!! [​IMG]

I'm one of the bright-eyed, bushy-tailed types. (and that's without coffee) [​IMG]

2. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

:sick

I can't imagine.... Luckily my spouse is also NOT a morning person.

3. TeaChick

TeaChick Overrun With Chickens

May 5, 2013
    Deep South
    My Coop
    Luckily, huh???
    My second child is also a morning person, and we make breakfast together (me for the adults and her for the kids). It works out. =)

4. GAFarmGirl87

GAFarmGirl87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2013
    NW Georgia

Thanks!

5. GAFarmGirl87

Apr 27, 2013
    NW Georgia
    Bless your hubby! ;)

6. GAFarmGirl87

Apr 27, 2013
    NW Georgia
    You taught them well. [​IMG]
    It's been well over 30 days, nearly 2 months, so I doubt it.

Thank you so much for the prayer. You don't know how much that means to me. [​IMG] I too am praying for healing for my babies!! And if not, then I must learn from this experience and do my best to keep my flock as healthy as within my power to do.
    I'm not sure. There's a Georgia Poultry Lab network, but their facilities aren't close to us. Does the Dept of Agri do free testing?
    [​IMG] Well done Alaskan, well done.

7. GAFarmGirl87

Apr 27, 2013
    NW Georgia
    I've improved slightly, but I still don't like it when people try to have an intelligent conversation with me before I've had my morning fuel. [​IMG]

8. GAFarmGirl87

Apr 27, 2013
    NW Georgia
    Earlier today, I saw something that warmed my heart. My EE roo suddenly quirked his head sideways, and then let out a strange, high pitched growl. Then all the girls immediately headed for the shelter of the nearby apple tree. I looked up in time to see a huge hawk soaring above. I was so proud of my boy!! I just kept telling him what a good rooster he was!! [​IMG] I'm sure that wasn't the first occurrence, but I've never seen it before, so I was thrilled!

9. Alaskan

Just an update for you'll .......

In regards to my staggered incubation and my first foray into shipped eggs. (ALL shipped)

Out of my Dominique eggs 13 plus two repaired that were cracked.....

Aside: (I was scared to increase the humidity to proper hatching levels since I have some eggs only half way through incubation. Originally I had planned to use my old incubator as only a hatcher, but I have NOT been able to get it to be reliable. I have increased the humidity just now until maybe midway through to orrow and then hope to drop it again)

I have one very healthy and totally hatched/dried etc. also one that has internally pipped, but isn't totally ready to pip and zip (I checked) but that one looks really good, good chance it will be a successful hatch by tomorrow. Then, there is one more egg that looks to be a day behind the others for some unknown reason. I didn't even peek, since it is obviously alive and obviously not quite ready. All of the rest........ -sigh- there are three others still in the incubator from that group, but I do NOT think they will hatch. So, I will get two, maybe three out of 13 or 15(if you want to count the cracked ones). Which is horrid, but also understandable.... Those eggs were so beat up when they arrived! I am hoping that one of the ones that hatch is the exact rooster that I had dreamed of getting from this breeder. :rolleyes:

Luckily, the eggs due to hatch tomorrow showed up in better shape and have been doing much better during the entire incubation process..AND I started out with more of them.... 36 rose comb leghorn eggs! About half dark brown and half white, but all rose comb from a great breeder. I no longer have 36 leghorn eggs in there of course............. But at least it looks better!

10. Alaskan

:ya

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by