Sitting with a cup of coffee. (coffee lovers)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Mr MKK FARMS, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

@ronott1 thanks for the advice, and yep, that is pretty much what I am doing.....

I shouldn't have been so delusional to think that my incubator of doom (the old one) would suddenly turn into an obedient hatcher.

2. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    Hello! :3

3. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

That is child #4, my most serious child. So, he is the perfect one to trust to get the coffee done correctly. :D Child #2 is the one that occasionally posts.

We did lots of outside cleaning today. Child #2 orchestrated replacing the door for the duck coop, the rest of us did general clean-up.

I trimmed Muscovy duck toenails (actually a three person job, I am very glad I have lots of kids), made sure that the drake, who looks FILTHY got some time in the orchard/duck pen as well a big bathtub(he hasn't been bathing in the little tub the ducks had for the winter months).

I also counted Muscovy eggs, TWENTY FOUR! Why, haven't any gone broody? Really? 24?!?!?!?!?!???!!! -sigh- hopefully, they will start to sit any day now. :rolleyes: I actually divided the eggs into two separate nests (I actually found two nests, one with only two eggs, the rest in the other). I put 8 in one and 16 in the other.

4. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Hey Hannah! How are you?

5. ocap

ocap Overrun With Chickens

Jan 1, 2013
    Smithville, Missouri
    just a bad day, testing a new silkie broody and all four of her chicks died, three had jumped out of the nest and could not get back to the warmth, the fourth was crippled (might have been stepped on). I need to redesign her nest, my fault her chicks got chilled.
    I have had success with the other two bantams, both adopted 2 large fowl chicks.

good morning [​IMG]

6. GAFarmGirl87

GAFarmGirl87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2013
    NW Georgia
    Morning :caf

7. SparkleFlower

SparkleFlower Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2013
    GOOD MORNING PEOPLES! TODAY I'M DRINKING COFFEE OUT OF THE UGLY PINK FLAMINGO BOWL WITH AN UMBRELLA STRAW! I COULDN'T SLEEP AT ALL LAST NIGHT SO I MADE A PUPPET OUT OF A TENNIS BALL AND DRANK TONS OF COFFEE!

SO, WHAT IS EVERYONE UP TO?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. Puddin Fluff

Puddin Fluff Overrun With Chickens

Mar 30, 2012
    River Valley, AR
    Morning[​IMG]. Sorry to hear about your babies. Looks like I am going to have to cull one today. His wry neck is getting worse,not better.

Sparkleflower, I love your quirky posts!

9. ocap

ocap Overrun With Chickens

Jan 1, 2013
    Smithville, Missouri
    thanks

I have had a couple of wry neck cases, very sad also [​IMG]

10. chickisoup

chickisoup one Blessed chicki Premium Member

[​IMG]
    THIS IS WHAT I DID WRONG, I DIDN'T READ THE SIGN!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by