Sitting with a cup of coffee. (coffee lovers)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Mr MKK FARMS, Sep 23, 2013.

1. TeaChick

TeaChick Overrun With Chickens

May 5, 2013
    Deep South
    My Coop
    Yeah, just a year into keeping chickens and only my first really successful hatch and I've already figured out how to make them all pullets. [​IMG]

I think Leghorns can be feather sexed (days 1-3 after hatch; day one being 24 hours after hatch). If you want, I'll PM or post you a link. =)

My broody pecked at an egg with a chick in it yesterday, so I replaced the three she had left with three of DS's golf balls.
    Today, she abandoned the hatch. We were hoping the balls would hatch out clubs. [​IMG]
    Setting the eggs all at one time after she's been sitting for a few days, rather than letting her collect her own clutch over the course of a week or two, and then kind of beginning to sit, but not really sitting for the first few days, etc. Also, how long an egg is stored before incubation begins is a factor. Of my three eggs, one was laid the day I set them and I put it in the incubator still warm from being laid; the other two, I had collected the day before so they had been at about 65-70* for a day. I warmed up the incubator to about 80* for the rest of the day and overnight, then I brought the incubator up to 102 the next morning and counted that as day 1 of incubation. The one that was laid on the day I started warming the eggs hatched in the morning (already pipped when I got up at 7, which is when I started bringing the incubator up to temp). The other two pipped right before the first one hatched and took several hours longer to get out.
    IDK if that's everyone's experience, but that's what happened with my only successful hatch so far.

2. cindynkidsd

cindynkidsd Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2013
    Southeast VA
    Happy Happy Birthday Chickwhispers!!!!

3. TeaChick

May 5, 2013
    Deep South
    My Coop
    You're very welcome, Hon!!! =) Glad you're feeling better!!

Sounds good. Keep an eye on them, sometimes there are little tiffs when a chick/chicken is re-introduced to its flock.

[​IMG]Babies! More babies! More babies!!!!!! [​IMG] Keep us posted! =)

Thanks for the [​IMG] and for the [​IMG]!!!

Happy "29th" Birthday. Once I hit 30, I kind of stopped counting, and last year DH started me back at "26" so I had my tenth 26th birthday last year and this year we're celebrating the tenth anniversary of my 26th birthday. lol IDK why he does it; I care so little for age that I often forget exactly how old I am (I just remember when I was born and count on my fingers )[​IMG]
    Anyway, Happy Birthday!!! I like the candle image!!!
    Sorry you're having so much trouble with the construction; hope it all works out well. I understand running out of steam at "26/29". ;) It's annoying not to be able to go, go, go from dawn to dusk. Oh, well.

4. TeaChick

May 5, 2013
    Deep South
    My Coop
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Do you think that's enough Irish Cream ice cream???

Last edited: May 3, 2014
  5. chickwhispers

chickwhispers A French Hen

Apr 16, 2012
    Northwest OH
    My Coop
    Love the cake and ice cream and sparkles and wishes and everything! Thanks everyone for making the ?# of years anniversary of my 29th a GREAT DAY! YOU ALL ARE AWESOME!!!!!!! :D

6. SparkleFlower

SparkleFlower Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2013
    GOOD FANTASTIC MORNING PEOPLES! TODAY I'M DRINKING COFFEE OUT OF THE UGLY PINK FLAMINGO BOWL WITH AN UMBRELLA STRAW!!

HERE IS A PICTURE OF THE WORLD'S BEST CUP BOWL OF COFFEE!
    [​IMG]

AND HERE ARE SOME PICTURES OF A SQUID PLUSHY I MADE FOR MY MOM FOR MOTHER'S DAY!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    AND THIS IS WHAT I DO WHEN I'M ALONE!
    [​IMG]

SO, WHAT IS EVERYONE UP TO?

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  7. Puddin Fluff

Puddin Fluff Overrun With Chickens

Mar 30, 2012
    River Valley, AR
    I Sparklefliwer, My ddaughter wold love your plush . Sorry if this comes out weird. I hate responding on my phone. I never know how it will correct me. :)

8. SparkleFlower

SparkleFlower Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2013

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  9. ocap

ocap Overrun With Chickens

Jan 1, 2013
    Smithville, Missouri
    [​IMG]

Happy Sunday [​IMG]

10. Highcotton

Highcotton Southern Chickens

Mar 18, 2013

Good Morning to all. I am enjoying coffee before checking on the chicks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by