Sitting with a cup of coffee. (coffee lovers)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Mr MKK FARMS, Sep 23, 2013.

1. SparkleFlower

SparkleFlower Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2013

2. TeaChick

TeaChick Overrun With Chickens

May 5, 2013
    Deep South
    My Coop
    Fun, but I usually use my pie plates for baking pies. =D
    Glad you're feeling better, Hon!!! [​IMG]
    To answer what you said through the monkey (looking thing), it's just you. ;)

I like the blue/purpler picture!!!
    I agree; we should start a petition against snow after....IDK when snow is supposed to stop???? After Valentine's Day? St. Patrick's Day? Easter?

3. TeaChick

TeaChick Overrun With Chickens

May 5, 2013
    Deep South
    My Coop
    Must get back to frying c-h-i-c-k-e-n.

4. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Yum! We are having noodles with gravy and a beef roast. [​IMG]

5. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

Arg! How heartbreaking! And right in front of you too! :barnie

I am so sorry! :hugs

6. Alaskan

Share, SHARE SHARE! :drool

7. chickisoup

chickisoup one Blessed chicki Premium Member

Wow. You sound like your place is a lot like ours. I am actually suprised we haven't lost any of our girls to eagles. I worry this year because I don't have my top lady anymore (she died last fall) and she was a better warning system than any roo. I gave away the young roo I had because he really was worthless. At the first sign of danger he would high tail it to the coop totally abandoning the hens without even sounding the alarm.

Grabbing your little lady right in front of you is horrible! Sounds like you have most of what you need to build a safe place for your girls, good luck.

8. Alaskan

Oh, I should have mentioned that I keep asking people how they deal with the jillion raptors.... Some people up here say that fishing line crisscrossed about, and then every so often tie surveyors tape to the fishing line. The idea is to have the flapping tape look like it is miraculously held up.

Dunno, people say it works. I am trying it for the first time this year, since I didn't put a top on all of my chicken runs, but really wanted my ladies to have access to all of my runs.

Boggles the mind though, the eagle swooping down with you right there.... Makes me wonder if anything would scare them off.

9. chickisoup

chickisoup one Blessed chicki Premium Member

so far I've been using old cd's but they eventully degrade. For some reason the smaller raptors don't seem to like all my windchimes hung about. the same outfit that makes those solar powered night flashing preditor chasing things also makes a preditor repellent flash tape I think with owl eyes on it. I've also seen reflective tape sold on some of the chicken supply websites.

10. GAFarmGirl87

GAFarmGirl87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2013
    NW Georgia

oh no!!! So sorry for your loss! What you listed should help you build a pretty good pen.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by