Sitting with a cup of coffee. (coffee lovers)

Quote:
frow.gif
Hi! i'm feeling a lot better today, what about you?

GOOD MORNING PEOPLES! TODAY I'M DRINKING COFFEE OUT OF A PIE PAN WITH AN AWESOME PINK SWIRLY STRAW AND LISTENING TO K-LOVE RADIO!

I HAVE BEEN DOING COMMUNION EVERYDAY FOR A WHILE AND I'M FINALLY STARTING TO FEEL BETTER!! I HAVE TONS ENERGY, MY JOINT PAIN IS NOT AS BAD, AND MY HEADACHE IS 100% GONE! GOD IS HEALING ME! I KNEW HE WOULD! I'M SO TOTALLY SUPER EUPHORIC!!!!! THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif

HERE IS A RANDOM SUPER SPARKLY COFFEE PICTURE!!

Fun, but I usually use my pie plates for baking pies. =D
Glad you're feeling better, Hon!!!
wee.gif

To answer what you said through the monkey (looking thing), it's just you. ;)

I KNOW IT'S MONDAY, BUT REALLY MOTHER NATURE???? SNOW????

I like the blue/purpler picture!!!
I agree; we should start a petition against snow after....IDK when snow is supposed to stop???? After Valentine's Day? St. Patrick's Day? Easter?

The first predator attack was something that was not afraid of the barking dog and two kids playing on the grass. Just left feathers, no body. Then yesterday, a huge bald eagle swooped down right in front of me, the dog, and the six chickens I was supervising and picked up the biggest RIR we had and flew away. We are several miles away from a town and although we have neighbors on two sides, the east side of our 10 acres is a country road and an old cemetary, and the south side is 100 acres of woods and meadows, no buildings, no people. I have locked them in their new coop and frantically building a run. I have old cattle fencing, chicken wire and lots of old barn wood. I bought fence posts and netting for the top...:he

Arg! How heartbreaking! And right in front of you too! :barnie

I am so sorry! :hugs

The first predator attack was something that was not afraid of the barking dog and two kids playing on the grass. Just left feathers, no body. Then yesterday, a huge bald eagle swooped down right in front of me, the dog, and the six chickens I was supervising and picked up the biggest RIR we had and flew away. We are several miles away from a town and although we have neighbors on two sides, the east side of our 10 acres is a country road and an old cemetary, and the south side is 100 acres of woods and meadows, no buildings, no people. I have locked them in their new coop and frantically building a run. I have old cattle fencing, chicken wire and lots of old barn wood. I bought fence posts and netting for the top...
he.gif
Wow. You sound like your place is a lot like ours. I am actually suprised we haven't lost any of our girls to eagles. I worry this year because I don't have my top lady anymore (she died last fall) and she was a better warning system than any roo. I gave away the young roo I had because he really was worthless. At the first sign of danger he would high tail it to the coop totally abandoning the hens without even sounding the alarm.

Grabbing your little lady right in front of you is horrible! Sounds like you have most of what you need to build a safe place for your girls, good luck.

Oh, I should have mentioned that I keep asking people how they deal with the jillion raptors.... Some people up here say that fishing line crisscrossed about, and then every so often tie surveyors tape to the fishing line. The idea is to have the flapping tape look like it is miraculously held up.

Dunno, people say it works. I am trying it for the first time this year, since I didn't put a top on all of my chicken runs, but really wanted my ladies to have access to all of my runs.

Boggles the mind though, the eagle swooping down with you right there.... Makes me wonder if anything would scare them off.

Oh, I should have mentioned that I keep asking people how they deal with the jillion raptors.... Some people up here say that fishing line crisscrossed about, and then every so often tie surveyors tape to the fishing line. The idea is to have the flapping tape look like it is miraculously held up.

Dunno, people say it works. I am trying it for the first time this year, since I didn't put a top on all of my chicken runs, but really wanted my ladies to have access to all of my runs.

Boggles the mind though, the eagle swooping down with you right there.... Makes me wonder if anything would scare them off.
so far I've been using old cd's but they eventully degrade. For some reason the smaller raptors don't seem to like all my windchimes hung about. the same outfit that makes those solar powered night flashing preditor chasing things also makes a preditor repellent flash tape I think with owl eyes on it. I've also seen reflective tape sold on some of the chicken supply websites.

Good morning everyone - I wish I had a bowl of coffee like Sparkleflower! I have to go to town, get supplies with very little money and built a pen today! I am in Michigan but not affected by the terrible change in the law with ten acres... but now I have the predator problem. Free range for two months without a problem and bam! We lost another chicken:hit. So of our beautiful seven we are down to five. I can't just start over, I have to do more to help them. I am not sure how to build a run but I am going to finish the pot and research here and then off to TS. Keep those chick photos coming, they cheer me up.:hit

The first predator attack was something that was not afraid of the barking dog and two kids playing on the grass. Just left feathers, no body. Then yesterday, a huge bald eagle swooped down right in front of me, the dog, and the six chickens I was supervising and picked up the biggest RIR we had and flew away. We are several miles away from a town and although we have neighbors on two sides, the east side of our 10 acres is a country road and an old cemetary, and the south side is 100 acres of woods and meadows, no buildings, no people. I have locked them in their new coop and frantically building a run. I have old cattle fencing, chicken wire and lots of old barn wood. I bought fence posts and netting for the top...:he

oh no!!! So sorry for your loss! What you listed should help you build a pretty good pen.

Back
Top Bottom